corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE Dizzy Seal, easy to replace?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE Dizzy Seal, easy to replace?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
29th Dec 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the common XE problem of an oil leaking dizzy seal, wondering if its an easy task, I'm not sure what i'll need to do, so if someone could give me a little guide it would be much appreciated, thanks!

(once it does start up it runs perfect like it did before it cut out)

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by X 60RSA]
myke

29th Dec 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can't remember if it's dizzy side or cam side, but i have the same problem and will be doing this next week probably.
from memory of having it all apart during summer, it's not too taxing.
X 60RSA

29th Dec 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
i can't remember if it's dizzy side or cam side, but i have the same problem and will be doing this next week probably.
from memory of having it all apart during summer, it's not too taxing.

Just had a ganders throught the Haynes actually, doesn't look too taxing, but was wondering if i could fuck the timing up, it says that some parts only go back on one way which is a bonus.
X 60RSA

29th Dec 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disconnect battery negative.
1/Using a Torx socket , unscrew the 3 captive securing screws and withdraw the dizzy cap.
2/Remove the plastic shield from the rotor arm housing. The shield is an interference fit in the housing via an O-RING seal located in a groove in its periphery. Ease out the shield, taking care not to fuck the rotor arm!
3/Using an Allen Key, extract the two securing screws and withdraw the rotor arm, leaving the metal rotor hub in the housing.
4/Renew the O-Ring, refitting the assembly is a reversal of the removal! The rotor arm can only be fitted in '1' position. If necessary, turn the metal rotor hub so that the screw holes align with those in the rotor arm and the end of the camshaft.

Think thats it according to Haynes!
deanmcreynolds26

29th Dec 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done it the other day.. 2 13mm bolts one at top and one at the bottom take the full dis off and its there in front of you mate..
X 60RSA

29th Dec 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh nice one! Top banana!
Adam_B

29th Dec 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you need to take the spark plug leads leads off as well. either mark on where they go on the dizzy (if there not already) or take them off from the plugs, so you know where your putting them back. Only way you can mess the timing up.

New Poll