corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » hard drives?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hard drives?????
baz2003uk

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

can this be done without traces or logs ect

i got an external hard drive that i have many video files on can i copy these to disc without any traces left on my internal hard drive of copying files eg name of file or a log of some kind

also if i was to put a cd in the drive and then drag its files over to the external drive would this also levae traces on my internal drive eg copying of files, file names or logs of some kind

if this can be done the way i say thats sorted but if i need to do somethink else can some one please advise in some way

And yep i dont want the files i have getting in the wrong hands
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Sep 04 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copy files onto a disk then format the hard drive?
Cybermonkey

23rd Sep 04 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see, even removing and deleting files, a ghost image is left on the magnetic disc, and with the right equipment, it is possible to restore this to file. Overwriting that area of the disc a number of times normally removes the problem. Logs on a win o/s would not record file information as such.
Cybermonkey

23rd Sep 04 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

formatting the HDD wont remove the ghost images by the way
baz2003uk

23rd Sep 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i worried about the images left on the internal drive if i was to copy a file from the external drive to a cd/dvd the internal drive is brand new so no naughty files on there so i trying to bybass this drive using the external drive as its got loads of sh*t on there anyway as i got a nice letter from a law firm a while back aint saying no names as they are big boys in the states and deal with alot of top film copanies
baz2003uk

23rd Sep 04 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know formatting is no good unless you do it like 700 times and it still aint guranteed (sp)
Happy_2008

23rd Sep 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear what did you do to have the big boys after you?
baz2003uk

23rd Sep 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint herd anythink from them in over 2 weeks so i not sure what the score is yet

all i did was put a ebay sale up selling a link to a site that sells cheap films ebay kicked it off ok fair enought your not ment to sell links
i would of know that if i read the t&c,s to start with
so a few days later i gets the mail from a law firm in the states stating i was selling copies of this film on ebay and to print it off and sign and rtn to them like f**k wrote um a letter and didnt sign there letter

copy of letter
I am writning to you regarding the email about the sale of unauthorised /// copies, I am very supprised to have recieved such a mail as this was indeed not the case.

The case was a link which popped up via the net while I was surfing.
Therefore I am very sorry I have done wrong but I was totally unaware that the link was to produce DVD copies as per your claim.

I put the link up for sale on Ebay as I was trying to sale this as I have heard and seen of others selling links and making a lot of money therefore I was trying to achieve the same sort of ambitions as most people.

The web site link is ////////

Please by all means ask Ebay for confirmation records of these items 6321413862 and 6321414063 you will see this was a link sale. I have never sold copies of dvds.
On the parts 1-3 in your mail, I can not sign the letter as I was not and never intended to sale ///

Once again please contact Ebay for confirmation of this as stated above and on your corresponce.

I have the letter from yourselves which you require me to sign, I have no problem in siging the letter if the actions where appropriate to the link on E-bay, and was not stating selling dvd’s, but if the only way to conclude this matter is for me to sign as long as this is unprejudice and I have no further come back as I will not try to sell a link again now I know what can happen, with out checking what is really in the back ground.

Please advise if you require me to do anything else to resolve this matter urgently, as I really do not like being accused of selling

Yours truly

errr how wrong are they it was only a bloody link sale

[Edited on 23-09-2004 by baz2003uk]
Bart

23rd Sep 04 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baz2003uk
Hi All

can this be done without traces or logs ect

i got an external hard drive that i have many video files on can i copy these to disc without any traces left on my internal hard drive of copying files eg name of file or a log of some kind

dodgy!

http://www.microstorage.com/Harddriveinfo.htm#Zap

Go to there mate, and download zap.

Put it on a floppy, format the drive, put that disk in and run the zap program.
It will completely remove any traces all together and also remove any existing partitions, by far the easiest way.

New Poll