corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC Help!
Jonster

User status: Offline
   19th Nov 03 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my PC I have 2 x 40gb hard drives, partitioned into smaller drives, I have 6 partitions of various sizes, for Windows, Videos, Mp3's etc. The partitions are as follows:

C - Windows - 10gb
D - Programs - 10gb
E - Backup - 10gb
F - Movies - 20gb
G - Mp3s - 10gb
H - Games - 20gb

But these drives don't follow this order between the 2 hard drives, ie:

1st has C, E & F on it
2nd has D, G & H

If I wanted to remove the second hard drive for any reason, I would lose the D drive where all my programs are, and Windows wouldn't load properly. Can anyone tell me if:

I can change the order these drives are, so C D E are from 1 hard drive and F G H are from the second? and can partition magic change the partitions without losing my data?

Cheers
Craig6682

19th Nov 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it that you set these up using WinXp set-up. The best way is to use a Win98 or WinMe Floppy and set them up from that. That way they are in order of drive. If you want NTFS after as the Win98/Me disk uses Fat 32 then uou can always comvert. I have done this on my 2nd system.

Hope this helps
Craig6682

19th Nov 03 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Partition Magic will let you keep your data, i have done this myself. I takes a while depending on how much data you have.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC Help! 24 database queries in 0.0092731 seconds