corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Screen De-mister Bulb

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Screen De-mister Bulb
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
14th Sep 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just had my dash apart to replace the two bulbs that light the heater panel up but unfortunatly I didnt realise that the "rear screen demister/Blower speed switch" Bulb had gone aswell. From reading the Guides on this forum it looks like my dash is the post98 type(bulbs between black plastic and white plastic).
I have had the cover off the switch in question but cant figure out if I can replace the bulb from the front(im not spending another 5 hours dismanteling the dash). There is like a clear piece of plastic in a white tube and I think the bulb must be behind the clear part but I cant shift it.
Has anyone any Ideas.
Mo

15th Sep 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bulb in the heater switch is soldered onto the switch. If you've blown it u gotta get a new switch (don't go to the dealers cause they said £50!!!) the only other way to get round it is to open the switch up. get a proffesional soldering iron with a fine tip and desolder it. Then u have to solder a new bulb on.

Too much like hard work for me so i left it
Jamie

16th Sep 04 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the wiring first
Rob_Corsa

16th Sep 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replys.

I aint got a problem soldering a new bulb as Im an electronics engineer, I just cant get the bleeding thing out and Im not taking the dash apart again to get to it.
Im pretty sure the wiring is fine as I saw nothing dodgy when it was all apart.

Mo

19th Sep 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i remember right u have to take the whole heater thing out again bacause the switch comes out from the back and the switch nob comes off from the front. bit of a mission but not hard to do
Richie

19th Sep 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are two types of heater switches..... on one the bulb is easily accessable on the other its a bit shitty
Mo

19th Sep 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the easy one was pre98 and then it changed
Rob_Corsa

20th Sep 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads

New Poll