corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car finally sorted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car finally sorted
Scotty_B

User status: Offline
   16th Aug 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime I try and accelerate in any gear at any speed the car judders and there is little power, but above 3500rpm it feels normal. The emissions light came on but went off after about 30mins. When Idling the revs seem to drop and rise very slightly. I've checked the airfilter and all the fluids and they look fine.

[Edited on 26-08-2004 by CorSRi_BT]
Paul H

16th Aug 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought you had sold it
Scotty_B

16th Aug 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewy
thought you had sold it

I did sell it, to my mum. I had to sell it when I bought my flat as we couldn't afford to run 2 cars, but I still consider it to be mine even though it isn't. My mum phoned me and said that there is a serious problem with the car and could I have a look at it. The cars only done 23500mls and things seem to be going from bad to worse.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Aug 04 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a C SRi 1.4 right?
chris1983

16th Aug 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it got an induction kit on it?
if so, my guess is thats your problem. happened to mine. the filter will fuck up your air mass meter eventually causing the car to run rich, hence the loss of power when moving off. check your spark plugs, if they're all black (carbon) then the engines running rich.
put the standard filter on. induction kits are more trouble than they're worth!!
Scotty_B

17th Aug 04 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has a drilled airbox with K&N filter.

How do you stop the car from running richer, will I need a new air-mass meter?

[Edited on 17-08-2004 by CorSRi_BT]
Scotty_B

18th Aug 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem sorted. Put the original undrilled airbox back on and it seems to have cured the problem. The car is so quiet now but that doesn't matter as long as it works.
Scotty_B

26th Aug 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
Problem sorted. Put the original undrilled airbox back on and it seems to have cured the problem. The car is so quiet now but that doesn't matter as long as it works.

Turns out this didn't solve the problem as the car got worse by the day, but the car went into Vauxhall and they replaced the ignition coil under warrenty and now it feels brand new.

My 3 year warrenty runs out in January so I wonder what els will go wrong before then.

New Poll