corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brakes problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brakes problem
Cossie

User status: Offline
   18th May 04 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am having problem with my brake pedal it just goes down more than other cars i have replace the brake pads, shoes and rear adjustment also master cylinder have been replaced sometimes if i press the pedal with engine on the pedal goes down to the floor slowly but when switch off it does not! i suspect master cylinder is faulty. I had this problem for 2 years now does the corsa master cylinder have problems i do not want to change again the master cylinder and till the same!

[Edited on 18-05-2004 by Cossie]
1600power

18th May 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the seals may have gone in the master cylinder m8

Have u tried bleeding ur brakes recently could be quite a large air pocket in the pipes sumwhere?

cud also be the seals in the calipers have started to wear out?
Cossie

18th May 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have bleed them 100 times still the same i don't think calipers seals cause it would imeadeatly leak when i press very hard! would be ideal change seal or change complete master cylinder again which cost me lot of ££ could it be brake bias loacated at the back ofd the battery ?
lee mitchell

18th May 04 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clamp the hoses off the brake lines one by one and test the pedal. if its then harder its probably a knackered calliper.
Cossie

18th May 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have checked again the pedal it is not going all the way down but still travel a lot 4 my taste! some got a clue how i could get over this problem !

New Poll