corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 17's on Corsa C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 17's on Corsa C
AshMan2

User status: Offline
7th May 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of getting some 17's for my 51 plate Corsa C. Currently has 13" steels on at the mo.

My mate is selling a set that he had on his K plate Cav. He said he had a courtesy corsa C car for the day and put the wheels on it to see what it look like.

He said the back ones went on no probs but the front ones slightly scraped on the brake pad/disc holders or something.

Im new to modding and dont know much about offsets etc, so dont really know what Im looking for and dont wanna get ripped off. Any help would be appriciated!
ELZ_Sri

7th May 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried Kosei ET48 17's on my '03' plate 1.8 Sri and had the same problem - couldn't even get the front wheels on 'cos of the larger brake calipers. Swapped to same wheels but ET38 and they went on no probs. No scrubbing or any problems since.
si_reading

7th May 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've put a set of 17's et42 straight onto my SXi Corsa C. No scaping on front or rear! Well hasn't scraped the rear yet, but its probs would if you had loads of weight in the back of the car. I haven't taken out more than one person in the back of the car since put 17's on it!
AshMan2

7th May 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they do rub the brake calipers, what should I do? Gonna try em on before I buy. What offset should I have for the Corsa C?
si_reading

7th May 03 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the original offset is et49 for the standard wheels (I am not 100% on this though!). I think if you go for an offset further away than the standard like mine is et42 it shouldn't rub brake calipers.
But I would try them on if you get the chance to, u don't wanna buy them then they run coz ur fcuked then!!

[Edited on 07-05-2003 by si_reading]

[Edited on 07-05-2003 by si_reading]
Red_SXi

7th May 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel spacers will push the wheels further out, so moving the wheels away from the calipers, but at the same time lowering the offset. You can go as low are 38 - 40 offset on a corsa C in 17's so some spacers should do the trick. The standard offset of all the wheels on the corsa C except the 16" Sri wheels is 49.
AshMan2

7th May 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive heard something about wheeler spacers from a guy at work. He said get "good ones" or they coulf fuck the wheels? Where can I get some from and how much? Sorry for sounding thick but like I say im new!

I should have the wheel sizes etc and everything tomorrow when I see the guy who is sellin the wheels
si_reading

8th May 03 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you might be able to get spacers from Halfords, but dunno really! Think you might have to get longer nuts to screw your wheels on with spacers but not sure, coz if you used the normal nuts they won't screw in as far as they should.
ELZ_Sri

8th May 03 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need longer wheel nuts if you use spacers. Whatever thickness of spacer you use will need to be added to the length of your wheelnuts.
OzzySRi

8th May 03 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem when i went shopping for rims. I kept insisting on et45-49 (coz ppl on here said so) and they kept saying .."nah wont fit, will foul on the brakes". They said possibly et45 depending on the design of the rim.

i settled for et42 and found no probs with scrubbing at all.

as for ur problem u could maybe use wheel spacers... i dont know bout legalities on it tho
dig dave2811

8th May 03 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SO U NEED NEW all new bolts if u get spacers.
that costs about an extra £30
Jason Iles

8th May 03 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17" rims fit with et45 no problem I have Lenzo VL2's and they don't rub on the brakes, however it is close, check my garage for pics
Red_SXi

8th May 03 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes J11ESY your car is a 1.2 Sxi the same as mine, and the brakes are harly big, OzzySri has a 1.8Sri which has big brakes, that is where the problem lies, this is also the reason why the wheels on my car that come standard on an Sri are ET40
Jason Iles

8th May 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
Yes J11ESY your car is a 1.2 Sxi the same as mine, and the brakes are harly big, OzzySri has a 1.8Sri which has big brakes, that is where the problem lies, this is also the reason why the wheels on my car that come standard on an Sri are ET40

Ah right, I thought Ashman had troubles fitting them, he has the basic model with 13" steelies on them??? there for will fit perfect with the offset he is asking for

P.S. can you U2U me the price of some smoked rear clusters

[Edited on 08-05-2003 by J 11ESY]

New Poll