corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone feel like the build quality of vauxhall / opel has deteriorated over the past few years ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone feel like the build quality of vauxhall / opel has deteriorated over the past few years ??
Lights

User status: Offline
25th Mar 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI All - I'm new to the board - just wondering if anyone else feels that the build quality of Opel / Vauxhall motors has been on a downhill slope recently ? I've a Corsa C 1.216v that I bought new in 2001 - had a 95 Astra 1.4 and a 94 Corsa 1.2 before this and they gave me a hell of a lot less trouble - makes that "they don't make them like they used to" cliche spring to mind...
Lights

25th Mar 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not trying to start an argument or anything - just wondering if I bought a lemon ??
Trotty

25th Mar 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I can't comment on lots of other models, but I've had a late Corsa B (X reg - Sept 2000) and now a Corsa C (52 plate - Sept 2002) and IMO the C is of much better build quality.

Not perfect by a long shot, but certainly improved as far as I'm concerned...
Lights

25th Mar 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice rims trotty - I've a 01 Comfort in Star Silver - no mods done to it as of yet - just changed the plates and got a set of 185/50's to get around the bends.
Overall, I think the standard C is a nicer drive than a standard B I had - just a series of niggly faults with it have pi55ed me off recently - probably our crap roads causing it - u'd want a tank to get around on irish roads undamaged
SXi_Tim

25th Mar 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lights, what are the faults?
Red_SXi

25th Mar 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my Dad is a driving instructor, and has always used Corsa's (for the 25 years he's done it, Nova's before Corsa's) And the Corsa C is 100 times better than the previous models, i can name loads of things that are common problems with the Corsa B, whereas with the Corsa C there are only a few, i've got a Corsa C Sxi (second one now) And i think its brilliant
S6 KEV

25th Mar 03 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate has just bought a new astra gsi, 2 litre turb, not only is it a beast but i totally rate it. and cant fault anything with it really
Lights

26th Mar 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim - as I said, it might be that mine is a dodgy one - had a lot of trouble with the seating, brake wear, wipers, steering and now the gearbox slector seems to be screwed up ( got a fix in the help zone

All the problems are pretty minor but annoying - I've mates running VW & Hondas without fault and their motors are doing a lot more hard driving than mine is. It's got to the stage where I am slow to recommend Opel to people - shame as I've always liked them.

Kev - I appreciate what you're saying but I reckon the Astra Turbo and the Corsa 1.2 are in a different league - when you're laying out Astra Turbo money you dont expect any faults

Adam-D

26th Mar 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a fiat panda last the rattle mobile vaux corsa is like heaven
my dad has a peugout everythin is plastic and held together wiv push clips
vaux are screwed together :-)
Lights

26th Mar 03 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to upgrade to something a bit bigger in the near future - the state of the roads here means that any thing smaller than an astra spends half it's time in the air - I had a blow out drivin a 306 d-turbo on 15's after hittin a pothole on a "new road" here last week - anyone on 17's here probably carries a couple of spares in the boot
Time for a Scania methinks
paul_spurrell

26th Mar 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa c has had many faults with it also. sometimes i feel that it isnot as well put together as my nova was
Lights

26th Mar 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's surprisingly few of them on the roads over here - the corsa B was a big hit but the corsa C never seems to have taken off - puntos are very popular coz they're the cheapest "supermini" around - explains why there's so many pieces of Punto's at every pothole I suppose
Adam-D

26th Mar 03 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a fiat
built with sticky tape and explodes regually like reno's
stingray1987

26th Nov 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i had a fiat which did go wrong year. then had a vw which was always going wrong. then i had a citroen saxo that was the best car i have ever owned (untill i smashed it). then i made a big big mistake and brught a 1.6 16v corsa sport. i have spent just over £650 fixing this and its still playing up now.
my best mate has a 2003 1.2 sxi corsa c and it has never given him any trouble so it must be luck of the draw mate.
Ben G

26th Nov 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a difference 6 years make.
Bissmire

26th Nov 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 Years to type that?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone feel like the build quality of vauxhall / opel has deteriorated over the past few years ?? 23 database queries in 0.0146270 seconds