corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to remove...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to remove...?
Pickup

User status: Offline
8th May 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all
I need to remove my plastic arches as they are getting painted, but im not sure how to, exactly. Do i need to remove the bumpers to get them off? Also, if someone could tell me how to remove the bumpers aswell id appreciate this, as ive got new fully colour coded ones ready to go on
Thanks in advance
David
mike_1.2LS96

8th May 04 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The arches are fiddly. But there is like 6 or 7 plastic bolts on the inner arch, some of these you can get at, others you cannot. So you need to remove the arch lining, which will come out if you remove two bottom plugs, plastic nut near the plugs, one near the top of the wheel and any other ones too. Just pull the arch down so you can get to the nuts. To get the bumpers off is easier, there is two nuts under the bonnet, three under the car, and two in the arch. Not sure about the rear bumper yet.
Kris TD

8th May 04 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

backs thre are about 6 10mm hex nuts behind it and one clip.
front ones have about 8 10mm hex nuts, but you have to remove the arch liner to get too them.
front and rear bumpers have a compination of 8mm self tappers and some possie heads.
Pickup

8th May 04 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks very much for the quick replies
so, would this job be easy enough to complete yourself, and what kind of elevation would a need to complete the job? would a jack be ok? or would i need a lift really?
Cheers
Russ

8th May 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you got little hands (or a gf) you can jack it, other wise, its a bit tricky, but do-able
James@CCC

8th May 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed it without even jacking it! (im not lowered yet) so u'll be fine just jacking it up.

I had trouble removing the innner arches on the front, in order to get off the arch. You have to push the centre of the plug thru, and then it just falls out.

The rear bumper is very easy, and is just a clip each side on the arch, 3 srews on top, and 4 underneath

New Poll