corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Mods

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Mods
MJ

User status: Offline
   4th May 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Vauxhall Corsa B 1994 1.2 8V and i would like a camshaft kit for it, piper or kent cams.
I was just wondering what camshaft kit i need for this engine and what the codes and prices are.
I believe that it is the same engine as the nova, is this correct. Also what performance will i get as i already have a cat back straight through exhaust system, and drilled aribox. What other mods could i do to make it go better. without doing a conversion.

Cheers

Mark
suzi-sue

4th May 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

attach it to a bungee cord and drop it off a cliff!!!!
livefastdriveyoung

4th May 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a plan!

there is no point what so ever putting a cam in a 1.2, just leave it till you can have a bigger engine, with all the mods in the world, you aint gonna scare anyone with a 1.2
Fraser Young

4th May 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save ya money... by the time u spend money on it to get any decent power u could get a larger engine and insure it....
MJ

4th May 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U lot always say this, but i am not doing a conversion and never will, all i want to do is put the cam in to get a bit more power out of it.
modded_corsa

4th May 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark_jarman1
I have a Vauxhall Corsa B 1994 1.2 8V and i would like a camshaft kit for it, piper or kent cams.
I was just wondering what camshaft kit i need for this engine and what the codes and prices are.
I believe that it is the same engine as the nova, is this correct. Also what performance will i get as i already have a cat back straight through exhaust system, and drilled aribox. What other mods could i do to make it go better. without doing a conversion.

Cheers

Mark

cud always be different and make it a multipoint injection engine

all the engine people on here wud have an idea on how to do it

or cud get sum custom throttle bodies made

witha acam ur only likely to see about 2bhp but it shud pull a bit better thru either mid-range or top end due to the different profiles on the cam

the exhaust system your lucky to get about 3bhp on the 1.2 8v and the drilled airbox will give ya between 1-2bhp

so ya gunna be looking at less then 55bhp for them mods so ya mite aswell get a 1.0 12v 3cylinder engine coz itss gunna be less £-bhp
BeArDy

4th May 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get NOS mate its about £500 can give u more power and can be taken from car to car
so in 12months time u think i know what i will get a Lamboghini Diablo you can fit the NOS to take
where Cams have to stay with the car.
BeArDy

4th May 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also cams will give u say £10 bhp max
where NOS is 25+
MJ

4th May 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to make it a supercar , i just want it to pull a bit better. cheers for the advice modded_corsa and BeArDy
Stu_22

4th May 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont bother with cam i did and is shit. mainly beacause I couldnt justify anymore money to map it.
If you want one I will have a piper one for sale in the summer when the engine gets binned

[Edited on 04-05-2004 by Stu_22]
BeArDy

4th May 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also cams are not much cheaper the NOS and NOS is alot better power gain

[Edited on 04-05-2004 by BeArDy]
MJ

4th May 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stu_22 did i seem to pull better and wot one u get and how much.
Stu_22

4th May 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a piper fast raod cost about £250 with folowers.
It does not pull very well after the cam fitting it switches the power to the top end so its better on the motorway and stripped out the car is happy at 90mph. But as i said i never had it mapped. make me an offer but it maybe late summer before you get it
MikeH

4th May 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOS is almost impossible to insure.
dinosaur

4th May 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Free power mods : Drill the airbox duct some cold air to it

Strip the interior, you got guys on here who have gone hardcore and ripped everything out except the steering wheel and seats. But some gains could be had by removing trim, spare wheel, parcel shelf, even door cards etc. I just stripped 50 kg of crap out of a Corsa C I'm planning to do an engine swap in, and that made wuite a bit of difference. I dont expect it to be fast though till I put a large motor in.
MikeH

4th May 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the same theme.. go on a diet

Heaviest thing i the car will be the driver!
The Guru

5th May 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell you a X12XE for £180!!!
a_j_mair

5th May 04 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure i seen a modded 1.2 corsa in some mag recently that had a tuned engine that was sri speed. may b wrong tho
PaulW

5th May 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dinosaur
Free power mods : Drill the airbox duct some cold air to it

Strip the interior, you got guys on here who have gone hardcore and ripped everything out except the steering wheel and seats. But some gains could be had by removing trim, spare wheel, parcel shelf, even door cards etc. I just stripped 50 kg of crap out of a Corsa C I'm planning to do an engine swap in, and that made wuite a bit of difference. I dont expect it to be fast though till I put a large motor in.

I have no steering wheel OR seats

you 'could' fit a head of a nova 1.3sr, set or twin-40's & go from there, but the work in doing this would take some time & cost a bit as its not really often done. Would be different, but you wouldnt really get that much of an increase in power, maybe 20bhp max... mind you could do more, the choice is up to you!

tbh 180 for a X12XE is pretty good price, plus there a bit more tuneable! 100bhp+ can be had from these
The Guru

6th May 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
...... tbh 180 for a X12XE is pretty good price, plus there a bit more tuneable! 100bhp+ can be had from these

Exactly! well worth more..

X12XE engine (1.2 16v) and gearbox from 2000 corsa B
41100miles Complete running gear, shafts, engine ECU, immobiliser ECU and chip, radiator.

Excellent condition, regular serviced.

£180

[Edited on 06-05-2004 by The Guru]
dinosaur

6th May 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been reading about tuing the xe12 on German websites, and the inlet manifold and ecu mods give 20-25 bhp with a decent filter, or modded airbox. Std engine makes about 80 bhp for black top type and 70 for silver top, factory quotes were about 5 bhp less for each.
So with those mods and a zorst you are looking at over 100 bhp as PaulW says. I think therefore the myth that this engine is untuneable is nonsense.

New Poll