corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa rev counter into corsa with out rev counter!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa rev counter into corsa with out rev counter!
Chrissy P

User status: Offline
30th Jan 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm hopefully putting a 1.4 16v into my 1.2LS corsa, and my LS has no rev counter. i dont want a counter which you just mount on the dash, i want one that comes as standard in the corsa sports e.t.c. will this mean i need to rip a dash out of another corsa or is it easier than this? please help!
Adam-D

30th Jan 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use one that came out of a 1.4 16v
or a sri
this will work
Bilb

30th Jan 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it easy 2 sort a rev counter on a corsa without it?

ie wiring etc...

[Edited on 30-01-2004 by Bilb]
CorsAsh

30th Jan 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically depends on the year, eg

if you have a M reg 1.2 8v without a rev counter, then use one from a M reg 1.4 8v sri. Basically, all the wiring's there, just that vaux didnt put rev counters in all models to save some money.

The main sticking point is whether the Speedo is cable driven or electronic, if you try to put an electric one into a corsa that was originally cable driven, it'll be a lot more hassle. So make sure you find out how your speedo works first...

Also remember if your current clocks go up to 130, and the new ones go upto 140 for instance, then your speedo will need to be recalibrated...

Dont think I've missed anything there.
Chrissy P

31st Jan 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer covered everything there i think mate, cheers that'll make things alot easier

New Poll