corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting a whole GSi/SRi dash dials unit to non rev counter corsa possible?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting a whole GSi/SRi dash dials unit to non rev counter corsa possible?
uprated

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.2 Corsa B, not sure which version though, its a 97 R, i havent actually been able to find out anywhere any detailed engine information seeing as i cant find the damn manual..

anyway, it has the rubbish no rev counter dials, and naturally, i like a rev counter, even if its such a slow car, first car, what you gonna do, still ill beat my mate in his 1.0

to the point, can i take a whole dials unti off a scrapped GSi or whatever and fit it to my corsa, having functionality of the rev counter?

Cheers

[Edited on 02-09-2003 by uprated]

[Edited on 03-09-2003 by uprated]
M4tt

3rd Sep 03 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to the scrappy and get the dials out of n e corsa, part from 1.0's and diesels.
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, and theyll all work a treat yea, hook up to the same connectors, is there a rev counter connector seeing as its not standard equipment on my car?

Cheers mate
M4tt

3rd Sep 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theere should be a cable for it, but wait until tomorrow for some other ppl to reply, cause i've never done this mod.

i know a few ppl on here have so they should beable to tell how easy it is, but it can be done without a great deal of hassle
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one

thanks a lot mate
Gambit

3rd Sep 03 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

green wire in the loom connects to the rev counter
uprated

3rd Sep 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and would i be able to turn the mileage round to match my corsas clock easy?

cos if i cant clock it to my mileage i wouldnt want to do it

[Edited on 03-09-2003 by uprated]

New Poll