corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rev counter on new clocks wont work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rev counter on new clocks wont work
gazpeters

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 03 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got sum second hand clocks frm the scrappys 4 a nice rev counter 2 replace that huge effort of a speedo. i plugged it in & hoped 4 the best. but the rev counter didnt even move a inch.

after i had a good cry I thought i'd ask u fine people 4 HELP 2 wire it in pleaz! am not 2 sad tho as the car came bak frm the bodyshop 2day & the work was top notch. the best crimbo prezzy a boy cud wish 4
Adam

23rd Dec 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wiring from the coil to the plug on the back of of the speedo might not be there
Cybermonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, if you got a speedo dash from a pre/post 97 corsa, it might not be compatible as post were electonically driven and pre were mechanical.
gazpeters

23rd Dec 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish this car was as simple as my old cavalier god rest its sole. everything jus plugged in & worked on that!

is fitting this wire as hard thing 2 do?
gazpeters

23rd Dec 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is a 96 n, so has a poor effort of a speedo cable. the rev counter works frm the plug wiv the rest doesnt it?
Adam

23rd Dec 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, not sure where on the coil or which point on the plug it would go to, get hold af a haynes and have a look at the wiring diagrams in the back
gazpeters

23rd Dec 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers will have a read of the haynes after xmas. got to much drinking to do until then
Adam

23rd Dec 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good good luck

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by Adam]

New Poll