corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROJECT (RUBY) flame red - crashed - gone :( new project started

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROJECT (RUBY) flame red - crashed - gone :( new project started
sparcost3

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, im steve, welcome to project ruby.. i have been on Corsasport now for a few years so i have decided to start a propper project log from this point onwards.

here are some pictures of the car when i went to colect it back in 2008, it is a corsa breeze hi-torque 1.4 8v which i payed 1200 pounds for. it had a few modifications... including some 15inch halfords alloys, a back box, some lexus lights and a -40mm lowering kit on standard shocks. i thought it was a perfect base for a project as it was mint and no rust or rott whatsoever apart from rear wiper and it had been well looked after and stored in a garrage.

anyway a few months went by as i concentrated on passing my driving test and in the meantime i bought a few parts for the corsa and fitted them

these included gsi/sport spoiler, a set of cesaros to replace those awful halfords rims and a set of standard lights to replace those horid lexus lights, leguna splitter, followed finally by a debadged grill. a few other tidying up jobs were done to the car then i left it nice and subtle as pictured below

i then added a k&N 57I induction kit and a random vauxhall and sport badge to the engine, as you do.... lol
engine on the whole was verry clean and reliable - pic as follows

i then bought a few more bits for the engine bay, a carbon fibre battery cover and a omp front adjustable strutbrace... however unfortunatley it rubbed on the engine so i had to remove it and sell it on.

the car was then unfortunatley keyed as i parked it outside a nightclub on a friday night, rather foolishly i suppose... so i thought that was then end of the car but i got fortunate and had a full respray apart from roof and boot from the insurence costing me 250 pounds excess but not increasing my premium as it was not my fault

at this point i had become a bit dishartened after all the hard work i had put into the car and how i had looked after it and got insured on my mums car whilst it was being resprayed, 2 weeks later i had the car delivered back and it was mint but i declared it SORN as i now had 3 months insurence on my mums car.

i then started college and working for JCB world headquaters and compleated a year of engeneering and work which made me want to build my own track car for which the corsa would be the perfect base i had learned lots of usefull skills including welding and grinding, machining etc so i put the corsa back on the road and between years 2010 and 2011 i slowly put together this - as seen at pvs 2011 on the CS stand

my recent progress before pvs includes:

I have sent my cesaros off to cityPowdrcoat in birmingham to have them chemically striped refurbed and powdercoated in silver sparkle along with my rear strut brace.

i have fitted my morrette headlights (big thanks to holmesgsi for those !) and made my own indicators using a set of side repeaters - picyure to follow

and i am currently in the process of fitting my half rollcage - i have started to make the front feet brackets ready for welding, and i have started to remove the sound deadening.

Future plans:

finish fitting rollcage - powdercoat to match alloys and strutbrace

find a front strutbrace and powdercoat white

get some nice sparco bucketseats and upgrade from 3 point to 4 point harnesses.

spray the back interior flame red to tidy things up

relocate battery in the boot

locate and fit a 2.0L c20xe engine

tidy up the engine bay

find a spare cesaro

thanks all for looking, please post your comments and sugestions! they will be much apriciated! more pics of car and recent progress to come!

UPDATE SINCE PVS ( 22/09/2011)

cheers,
steve,

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 02-07-2011 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 22-07-2011 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 29-07-2011 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 21-09-2011 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 21-09-2011 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by sparcost3]

[Edited on 23-08-2013 by sparcost3]
SeanXE

2nd Mar 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome mate, more pics needed
sparcost3

2nd Mar 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is my latest purchase, arived monday - morrette headlights.. always loved them.. took me months to find a set for the right price.. these were bought for 100 pounds posted from (homlesgsi off here) and are in good condition with all brackets intact so very pleased! top guy, well recomended seller - so here they are

here are some other tasty parts i have for the car :

check plate front mats - light weight aluminium

set of vauxhall 15" cesaros with all centre caps - just bought a brand new set of toyo proxie T1R's 195/45/15 for them - they are now going off to city powdercoaters to be fully stripped and redone in glossy white

new badges for the centrecaps as others were buggered.

thanks for looking

more photos to come very soon!

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by sparcost3]
Corsa_Scotty

2nd Mar 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely mate. I want to see how you done the morrette indicators and do they flash too fast?
sparcost3

2nd Mar 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Scotty
Looks lovely mate. I want to see how you done the morrette indicators and do they flash too fast?

cheers mate! will get a pic tomorow for you, they work perfectly as they should, all as i did was got my old standard orange side repeater ovals and fitted them behind the mesh on the inner lense then use the conection from the wiring loom with another set of repeater bulb holders and they fit perfectly - so just plug and play basicly they do stand out a little in orange though, so another smoked set may be ordered
Corsa_Scotty

2nd Mar 11 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats how mine are done but they seem to flash too fast
sparcost3

2nd Mar 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats how mine are done but they seem to flash too fast

are all the other indicator bulbs working? because if 1 of them goes they will all flash twice as fast and green light on the speedo so u know 1 has blown, or there might be a short conection somewere?
Corsa_Scotty

2nd Mar 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate the bulbs are all fine. just done them in the same way you have
sparcost3

2nd Mar 11 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No mate the bulbs are all fine. just done them in the same way you have

hmmm, thats wierd then :/ lol
sparcost3

6th Mar 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more pictures and progress!

here are some more pics of my car how it currently stands as progress is being made as im tempirariy offroad atm
( back on the road 6th of april! )

todays progress to follow below.

thanks, steve
SeanXE

6th Mar 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice that, should swap rear bumpers with me
sparcost3

6th Mar 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

today i started a bit more work removing sound dedening and preping my bolt in rollcage mount i am making ready for the welding to take place.

here above is my half roll cage with cross bar and strut brace ( £100 ) off ecclesturbo
added a flame beater extinguisher for the sake of it !

here below are pictures of the old mangled brackets that are being chopped off and i am currently re doing

as you can see they are beyond doing anything with.

so i bought some 3m steel plate off ebay and some 10mm X25mm bolts, nuts and washers

and made these for the new front leg mounts.. just need an angle cutting so they fit the place there going neatley and corectley. when there done the cage will be able to bolt on and off corectly and the base will be securely welded to the car.

this gives a rough idea of location

so as stated above they need an angle cutting in the bottom right corner which i will do at college tomorow

a few close ups of new fixings -

and i also continued removing the rear sound dedening today from the front seats back -- usuall rough paint underneath and this will all being sprayed flame red eventually after all welding and removing of this nasty deadening!

below i have removed a random patch of black hammerite i randomly decided to apply in the summer due to paintwork being rough.. now ready to be primed and painted

behind seats "crud" removed using heat gun and chissel lol

how it cleans up using thinners

below = heavy discusting stack of "crud" removed

thats all for now, thanks

sparcost3

6th Mar 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
looks nice that, should swap rear bumpers with me

thankyou

haha nahh sorry mate i prefer the post 97
sparcost3

7th Mar 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good day for stripping deadening XD
sparcost3

16th Mar 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 03-07-2011 by sparcost3]
sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some pre painting photoes -

sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picked up these from ecclesturbo and fitted them! came with new pads 40 quid! bargain.. i gave them a coat of fresh paint
sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picked up full gsi kit with a spare spoiler for 100 pounds just been resprayed too!!! also came with gsi and leguna splitter.. baragain lol!! been cut out for intercooler so i made my own mesh, cut down my old debadged grill and fitted it where the gsi badge had been smoothed out, and sold the gsi spoiler and splitter for 80 quid in totall meaning i got a full gsi kit for 20 quid!!!

sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M Sutton

1st Jul 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a good project. Keep the updates comming!
Jonny.K

1st Jul 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking shithot mate

i seen this at PVS got a few pics of it somewhere i think lol hopefully have mine sorted out and get it on the corsasport club stand next year
Christopher

1st Jul 11 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very tidy!!
sparcost3

1st Jul 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, ive posted some pics of work before pvs so now i will try load some more recent work over the weekend
sparcost3

1st Jul 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by F17_AJK
Looking shithot mate

i seen this at PVS got a few pics of it somewhere i think lol hopefully have mine sorted out and get it on the corsasport club stand next year

cheers mate yeah it's taken a few years work to get it to how it is now, but its a great achivement when you do everything by yourself good luck with yours!
sparcost3

2nd Jul 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok next modification since pvs was a set of freshly powdercoated, second hand spax RSX coilovers... i have found that about 60 front 80 rear is a really good height and handles great! great quality suspension, shuld be fun on track after the c20xe is fitted.

no pics of before on car but now sits twice as low at back as it did before pv! so the stance is now right in my opinion

heres a pic at trentham car show the weekend after pvs, showing with vauxonline and local car enthsiasts from stone / stoke/ stafford, and heres a few other vauxhalls i saw on the day!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » PROJECT (RUBY) flame red - crashed - gone :( new project started 23 database queries in 0.0181761 seconds