corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FK 3pc. strut braces kit – HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK 3pc. strut braces kit – HELP!
vitasport

User status: Offline
25th Oct 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just received my 3pc. strut brace kit from PVD. Fitted the rear one fine with no problem. But the front lower and upper ones seem to be a mystery. Where is the lower one supposed to bolt on to? The only place that it seems to fit will have contact with the exhaust system. Do I need spacers of some sort? And the upper one doesn’t clear all the eng. components. I didn’t get any blots or nuts with the kit. Do I need them? Or do I use existing OEM hardware? Had send PVD an e-mail about this, but no reply. Can someone please shed some light on this subject? Thanks!
vitasport

25th Oct 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also try to contact FK directly. nothing can some one please help
Adam-D

25th Oct 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u mr2vh <spelling
he has had these on his car
vitasport

25th Oct 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool! i'll do that anyone else could help
MattyB

25th Oct 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front upper one requires the removal of the induction pipe and fuel RON switch to be removed before fitting. The front upper brace shud then go straight, attatching to the 2 suspension turret bolts on either side.

U will find this quite a task as u need to pull the brace and jolt it around to fit other both sets of bolts.

(However, if u r finding that the brace fouls on the actual engine block, then u have an incorrect item for ur car).

The front lower, goes between the 2 large lower wishbone bolts. When u get under the car, u'll see the only 2 bolts which the brace will span between. You will find the bolts very stiff and unless u use exactly the right spanner, u will sheer/round the heads of the bolts. -> Very tricky but do-able. Maybe best left to a garage.

However, i believe if u have a 2.0 16v fitted, you will not be able to fit this brace due to it fouling on the exhaust manifold. This may also be the case if you have an aftermarket zaust fitted that droops lower than the std exhaust item

Matt
MattyB

25th Oct 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite ironic coz only one i found impossible to do was the rear! took ages, but did get all 3 on before i stripped my car down.

New Poll