corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » which front strut brace fits 1l 12v?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which front strut brace fits 1l 12v?
greebo2

User status: Offline
16th Jul 04 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for a front top strut brace to fit 1.0 l 12V corsa B,
all the ones I've seen don't list the 12v, has anyone fitted one adn
if so which one and where can I get it? cheers
Graham

16th Jul 04 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think they make them as well its a 1l and they are not that powerful. but as its such a small engine others may fit over it. if you do find one matey let me know
Graham

16th Jul 04 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found a universal one here for you greebo
http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=414_465&products_id=4749
Greg_M

16th Jul 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt bother, what do you need to stiffen up the bay for?
greebo2

16th Jul 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks graham

greg12: I've lowered it which has improved the ride quality a lot but I'd still like to make the front end a bit tighter, it's got an arb on so I thought a strut brace might help. Won't it make any difference?
greebo2

16th Jul 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I figure it's not worth trying to get more power on this engine but I can do something about the handling (which from the factory is so bad it's almost dangerous)
Lee 16v

18th Jul 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i see what u mean matey, if you cant do the power then u can sort out wot power u have got n control it, i like th idea
littletriad

18th Jul 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to be mean but there is no point, i have just fitted on and its gr8 but i frow my car into corners
ed

19th Jul 04 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get 1.2 8v strut braces, so I don't see why you can't get 1.0 12v ones, after all, the 1.0 is more powerful
R Lee

19th Jul 04 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl

greebo2

19th Jul 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is the siting of the airbox on top of the throttle body, its nothing to do with the engine power. Most strut braces that go straight across or with a slight bend at each end foul the airbox so you can't fit them. So a suitable strutbrace would have to be formed so as not to hit the airbox. NB I don't mean the air filter box I mean the airbox on the throttle body. Most manufacturers don't seem to make one for the 12v, I presume because not enough people buy them with the small engine. I know the enjuns got little power but improving the handling really does improve the driver a lot. I've put eibach springs and shocks on and it drives tons better than with the standard susp.

greebo2

19th Jul 04 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and I'm not sure about the 1.0 being more powerful than the 1.2 8v either ;-0, yeah it may be rated higher but I bet it's got less torq below 4000 or so...
STEvieXE

19th Jul 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo i dont think a strut brace would be worth while on a 1.0 12v. will u really get it tight enuff to strength up the front of the car?? altho if there not too dear then they do look gd in the engine bay..
greebo2

19th Jul 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys I'll take your advice and not bother since I'm only interested in improved handling and not in making engine bay look good though I can understand some people would want to do this. I guess better to put the money towards some wider wheels that are going to give me better grip. I'm slightly surprised though as some other people on here seem to swear by them I don't really understand why having a smaller engine would make much difference unless a heavier and more powerful engine makes the front flex more.
greebo2

19th Jul 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this car's just a runaround anyway not my main "drivers" car I was really just trying things out to see if it can be improved since I found the standard handling so poor. Would be nice to get it handling something like a fiesta zetec s (puma chassis) although probably unrealistic given corsa chassis.
greebo2

19th Jul 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess after I had a bit of initial success with the eibach's I got into thinking "how much further can I take it" you know the sort of disease I'm talking about
Lee 16v

19th Jul 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it not make sense that a bigger heavier engine would make the front flex more? lol yeh i know the disease u r talkin about! bad disease to get lol.. verrrrrry bad, hard to resist tho ent it lol
greebo2

20th Jul 04 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trouble is I even want my runnabout to be a perf car on top of my real perf car (300zx)
greebo2

20th Jul 04 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like your gf mate by the way lucky guy!

New Poll