corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New 206 GTi 180. Any1 driven/been in1?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New 206 GTi 180. Any1 driven/been in1?
DC

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a dodgey question to ask on a Corsa site. Was just wondering if any1 had either driven or been a passenger in the new 206 GTi 180. Wondering what the long awaited Gsi Corsa Turbo's gonna b up against.
carnoisseurcraig

23rd Oct 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fucking rapid mate.

I was gonna buy one and i went in for a test drive. Sweet alcantara seats. gear change is smooth. Would be good to hear a sports exhaust on the car.
Gambit

23rd Oct 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a thread on the VW GTi forum about it

this is what the fella who test drove it thought

not really VW soz

I asked work if I could take their new 206 for a 'test drive' and too my surprise they said yeah sure. Armed with my rally nut female 'co pilot' for insurrance reasons I set off for a drive down a B road, a blast down the by-pass, some more B road caning and then a drive through town. and after that.... I'm very disapointed. It really doesn't deserve the GTi badge. totally letting down what GTi stands for. I was glad to jump back in my 8v mk2 after 20 mins of 'test drive'.

My analsis:
pedals are far too close together. I only have size 11 feet and left foot braking was almost impossible.

seats are mega comfy and look the part, but it's either lay down or bolt upright. there could of been more adjustment, but I didn't find it. my legs were bunched up too. moving the seat back ment I couldn't hold the wheel as good.

2.0 16v 180bhp. f**k all low end torque. you have to rev the bollocks off it to get it to go. it pulled strong after 4500rpm, but nothing below that. I would of thought my golf was quicker. it'd only done 1100 miles so I didn't take it to the red line

steering. as it had power steering it didn't feel like you had hold of anything and constantly oversteered at the slightest movement. probably cos I'm use to not having it, but not to my liking

riding on 17inch wheels look trick, but they've softened up the suspension to make the ride more comfy. it's way too soft. body roll was off putting during cornering. bigger arches with harder and lower suspension are needed. during the test drive down some quiet B road I floored it coming up to a hump back bridge and unexpectantly got airborn. the car bottomed out on landing. not good. (but fun)

brakes were far to powerfull at low speeds. the slightest touch and you were through the windscreen

Scott

23rd Oct 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick car , mates just got 1 , ratehr have sumit else for the cash tho
luca2020

23rd Oct 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much is it?
Scott

23rd Oct 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sure

my m8 got a good deal on his , he got the car and a 3 year warrenty , quartly services and £500 worth of sports accessories for £13200 brand new

New Poll