corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » where do and how? (engine remapping)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where do and how? (engine remapping)
LoudCorsa

User status: Offline
15th Oct 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically i was thinking of offering a remapping service for smart cars in the essex area as no where near here can do i - but after hours of trawling the net and frustration i cant find out where and how to obtain the software - i know that everyone uses the same software as they all give the same exact output, so somewhere you can get/buy a cable for connecting to a smarts diagnostics point and the software to remap them - does anyone have a clue as to where this is available form? - and b4 u say no you cant get it from mercedes as they only garuntee the brabus remap which is not the type that everyone (well those who drive smarts) wants.

does anyone have any contacts in the area of engine management/remapping that could find out where you get the software from and where to get a diagnostics lead.

if you are only gonna tahe the piss out of smart cars please dont - not that i care if you do, i just wanna get an answer to this question as it MUST be available or else the companies offering this elsewhere wouldnt be doing so.

chaz

http://www.woah.co.uk

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by LoudCorsa]

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by LoudCorsa]
vibrio
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you wanitng ot write the maps yourself or just Flash them onto the ECU via the serial port
Stuckey

15th Oct 03 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know this sounds stupid but try ringing a company that remap cars, and ask where they got they kit from, they just might be stupid enough to tell you

just a thought
micra_pete
Premium Member

15th Oct 03 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant just download it of the net. are you a tuner mate?

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by micra_pete]
vibrio
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

programs are easy to buy as are eprom writers.
LoudCorsa

15th Oct 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont wanna do the writing of the maps rather just remapp the ecu with the modifed software - you cant (or they dont) replace anything - its all done through the diagnostics port - as you have to have it redone after every service as the merc dealers put it back to standard (they update the tiptronic software at the services to which just over writes the power improving bit).

i have considered the ringing option but i mean it must be a company who distributes the kits as all the smart tuners clearly have the same software and equipment.

chaz

vibrio
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so it's just serial port programming. well you have to buy the stuff off the people that make the software
Tom

15th Oct 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that simple

My bro's thinking about doing this on the side
LoudCorsa

15th Oct 03 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and does anyone know who they are - lol - and it is that simple as i have seen it done - it is just a case of plugging them in and updating the software but you need the software and the cable and i have no ideas as to who makes this? - i mean its not like a copy of windows is it - there cant be a huge market for ecu software that invalidates your warranty.

i mean basically my old man is doing loads of smart bits and pieces pottentially and people keep asking for remaps and i felt sure it wouldnt be hard to find out where to get the software / cable from - its harder than it appeared

chaz

LoudCorsa

15th Oct 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?

chaz

vibrio
Banned

15th Oct 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well. superchips, brabus chip the smart car.
LoudCorsa

15th Oct 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brabus dont chip it - you take it to merc and they remap it to the barabus chip - its the best remap you can get without invalidating your warranty - and i assume that the superchips one (which i aint heard of) will be a remap too as its all built in with the gearchange software which i assume superchips wouldnt really wanna mess with

chaz

LoudCorsa

16th Oct 03 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???

chaz

lacky75

16th Oct 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember a few few on ebay selling the cable and software to re-map smart cars.

do a search at www.ebay.co.uk and see if they have any kits left (they may even send u instructions on the remap process also)!!
miles

16th Oct 03 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So where will you get the map from?
lacky75

16th Oct 03 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comes with the kit? dunnno m8 search ebay and see if they provide it with the cables?

sorry i cant be of anymore help.
LoudCorsa

18th Oct 03 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude - can u see if u can find it again coz i really want one - i have sat here for over an hour searching ebay and cant find anything - i dont get on with ebay tho - all i keep getting is mobile phone chargers.

i will have your babies if you can find me one on there - lol

chaz

New Poll