corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Mantzel Powerbox

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mantzel Powerbox
L885 1.28v

User status: Offline
8th Sep 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R they any good or is the lexmaul one better, what bout the dibals one?
need help coz getting a 1.4 16v sport and need power mods.
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mantzel one will give more power at higher revs an works best with a chip, but the lexmaul one works differently an give more power mid range an a noticable kick at about 5000rpm, dont need a chip a smuch!. wanna get mine rr'd to c what power it is with the lexmaul inlet. dibals one, well iv heard that its not so good, but one lad had a dibals one on his 1.2 16v an it gave about 20bhp i fink with a chip!
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you running on yours and what does it feel like compared to standard. what top end do you get?
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my engines mods:- piperx viper, scorpion grp a cat back stainless system, lexmaul inlet. the viper made a noticable difference, worth it i recon, other ppl differ an say a drilled air box is better, it aint! the zort made a small diff, hardly noticable, but sounds better! an the lexmaul inlet made a nice big difference, pulls better in all gears, an when u hit 5000rpm its pulls real hard up till the limiter, wood benifit from a chip i supose, cant afford it at the moment tho!
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so whats it top out at?
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top speed, dunno, had 120mph oin the clocks, but it dunno what that is in real terms, it not all about top speed tho, its about how quick it gets there
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how quick then. coz i have a mate with a 1.4 106 and hes thinks its the dogs he said he can get to 60 in 8 seconds. he is know to talk ball.
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the xsi then it will be quick, but the corsa is 10.5 standard, fink mines prob 9ish now
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just an xt. 9 that pretty qiuck does it push you back in your seat when u floor it?
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They put you in your seat a bit more than normal and keep ya there, power just gets better through the rev range, doesnt feel like an 8v no more!
Id say lexmaul looks easiest to fit yourself (£300/+15bhp), dbilas/mantzel look best (£500/+20bhp) and velos is cheapest (£285/+20bhp).
Take your pick, best £ per bhp you can get really, close race with de-cat pipes(+5bhp) and drilled air boxes (+3-5).
Chip may give a bit more but not really essential, you could just put a power boost valve on to up the fuel pressure, £100 for boost valve may give you +1bhp from the fuel being set up better or you could unichip it for £400 to get say +4bhp, do one or the other a its pointless doing both.

If you search you should find loads of replies for this should you want more info.

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by Wolf In Welsh Clothing]
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wolf, is a decat really worth it for the money then? lexmaul is well easy to fit, did mine in bout 1hour!
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 5bhp at the wheels!
Had me plenum fitted and fully mapped, went back a few weeks later with me janspeed mild-steel de-cat(£70), new standard system(£25) and old standard backbox and it had gained the 5bhp, at the wheels, so closer to 6bhp at fly! Mapping didn't need to be changed either.
Changed me back box but had no increase off that, put same power down.

Oh, got a few old Total Vaux off me mate and there is one mag with all the mods for the 1.4/1.6 and the power figures they quote are pretty accurate, has got everything from manifolds to cams.....
Il look after which one it was and post the mods/power gains!

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by Wolf In Welsh Clothing]
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fink i may invest in one then!
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of air filter should i go for i like the green twister what do you think?
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u can afford it go for the viper, £250 or sumink that similer design, if u cant then drill the airbox an putloadsa cold air feeds to it with a k&n panel filter
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wolf whats ur manifold look like and whats it like to fit. is that a guranteed 20bhp?
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Green twister is good, ive got one!Im never gonna buy a gauze air filter again though cos there so much harder to clean!
Pipercross viper is too expensive in my opinion (Green twister was £95 + £55 for all the bits to get it to fit).
If you want noise get a PVD BFO, if you want just power then drilled airbox and foam panel filter.
My airbox wont fit any more, thats mainly why i spent the cash on the sealed induction.
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

L885-
Mines a more expensive one, ive seen two rolling road figures at velos and both were + 21bhp, starting off a few bhp apart.
They quoted +30 for mine and it gave + 31, then + 36 with de-cat, +42 at moment with raised rev limit!
Think there's a pic in the sticky cold air feed section at the top.
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you got then. what mods you done?
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power mods-
Air filter
Inlet Manifold
DTA race spec management
ARP con-rod bolts to allow high rev limit
De-cat
Back box
Was last runnig 147 bhp but getting fuel pressue upped on 18th so will have another power read out then.
L885 1.28v

8th Sep 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what inlet manifold?
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L885 1.28v
what inlet manifold?

This one, made by velos. Pic thanks to www.birkenhead-cruise.co.uk
Ant

8th Sep 03 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone run a velos without the chip? where abouts do you get the power?
Mav 3000

8th Sep 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a velos torque tube? whats a mantzel power box? and whats that laptiop doing on that car?

(Novice Here!)
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

8th Sep 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you search you should find loads of replies for this should you want more info.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll