corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What head unit

Poll: What head unit
  Alpine CDA-9812RB @ £280
  Pioneer DEHP7500MP @ £260
  Pioneer DEHP77MP @ £230
  JVC KDSH9101 @ £300
  Sony CDX-M850MP @ £270

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What head unit
Dom

User status: Offline
   5th Oct 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

howdies all,
Ive been loking for a head unit for the past month and a bit and have narrowed it down to a few, but still cant decide...so help me !!
If you have any of them let me, please could ya write a quick review (what ya like about it etc) Or if ya have any other HU's in the price range of 150-300 squid that are good then let me know

cheers, Dom

p.s - anyone know the pre out voltage of the Pioneer DEHP77MP? ive yet to find any information what so ever on them apart from "its has high voltage outputs" whats high? I have seen somewhere that there 6v but i doubt it somehow

p.s.s - if ya can get any of them cheaper then by all means let me know! lol

[Edited on 05-10-2003 by VisibleMan]
m-dot

5th Oct 03 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pioneer has 3 x 6.5v Preouts
corb

5th Oct 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THATS CORRECT, hence why i voted the 77MP, it looks the bollox aswell. well classy.
Dom

5th Oct 03 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6.5v !?! damn...thats lot, yet its the cheapest HU there looking at the specs its seems to be a pretty good HU, nothing flashy (which im after)....btw, there wont be any problems with having preouts at 6.5v?

so you lot think i should go for this over the alpine? or other pioneer?
cheers all
Dom
Dom

7th Oct 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, anyone else got any more views on this??
The alpine is winning by the looks of it, but the 6.5v outputs of the pioneer ,plus its 40 squid cheaper, is making me think again about the alpine.
IS there any advantage for going with the alpine, over the pioneer 77MP?? It looks flashy'er, more lights and what not, but thats about it.Well ill decide this weekend and get the HU that wins
Dom
Richie

7th Oct 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6.5v preouts will give you a stronger cleaner signal, but if your not an SQ junky it wont be noticeable from a 4.5 preout.
m-dot

7th Oct 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JVC and Sony are pretty much out of the question, so its between the 77MP and alpine
PainZ

7th Oct 03 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine all the way

i had this unit before my 9815RB

Its lush
si_reading

7th Oct 03 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pioneer DEHP77MP - looks well smart and does most things. And also I have got one!
Dom

7th Oct 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AustinPXX
6.5v preouts will give you a stronger cleaner signal, but if your not an SQ junky it wont be noticeable from a 4.5 preout.

Well its the sound quality im after, since i produce my own music (trance/dance mainly) and will use the car system to test my tracks on (as well as my studio monitors and what not), so thats what im really after - sound quality more than flashing lights and what not.

Painz - yea its looks like a great unit and when my bro had one it was the mutz nutz, but that was nearly ten years ago, and it seems that alot has change.

si-reading - what would you give it outta 10? is the sound quality really good? any nice features on the thing? and whats the mp3 playback like - ie: is there any gaps between tracks/loading time etc? Also mate, have you got any pics of it in ya car? just curious what it looks like in a car

Alpine is still in the lead though lol
cheers all
Dom

[Edited on 07-10-2003 by VisibleMan]

Dom

7th Oct 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, was about to order the pioneer 77MP from car audio direct (cheapest place ive seen it @ £230) and they dont except visa elctron (shitty card)...AHHHHHHHH plus i tried to get hold of the phoenix gold R6.5's, but i have to phone up so ill give em a ring tomorrow, but im gonna have to use me old mans card...he'll prolly have a heart attack when he sees the bill lol He thought the comps were bloody exspensive (@85 quid), since hes a tight arsed git and goes for price first over anything else , but oh wells.... its all good fun and it should be all good though
cheers all

Dom

p.s - sorry to all of the alpine fans if its crap ill sell it on ebay or sumthing and get the alpine
si_reading

7th Oct 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ Thats a pic of mine.

I love it takes a couple of seconds to load an mp3 cd on first play but sounds just like a cd when playing mp3's. Got mine from letsbuycaraudio.com for same price as your talking. Good sound quality give it a 8 or 9 out of 10. Only downer is display is really simple with no swining dolphins or anything, but still looks quite smart.
corb

7th Oct 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will accept ur visa electron card, just there's no option on their site for it, as i used mine back when i bought my DSP.
Dom

7th Oct 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by si_reading

^^^ Thats a pic of mine.

I love it takes a couple of seconds to load an mp3 cd on first play but sounds just like a cd when playing mp3's. Got mine from letsbuycaraudio.com for same price as your talking. Good sound quality give it a 8 or 9 out of 10. Only downer is display is really simple with no swining dolphins or anything, but still looks quite smart.

lol mate, swinging dolphins....damn, i think my life wont be complete without em
looks bloody nice tho....

corb - cheers mate im going to get it now then!

cheers everyone
Dom

p.s - btw, just noticed that caraudiodirect.com has given me a 5% discount because its my first order...makes the HU £218...niice

New Poll