corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Airbag/Seat Tentioners Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Airbag/Seat Tentioners Problem
Tidus

User status: Offline
   25th Sep 03 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi! My Airbag Light is Constantly On! and i take it i'll fail mot? i think this could be due to my passengers seatbelt holder keeps opening for no reason when someone's wearing their seatbelt! It holds in there for a while and then just unclips itself!?!?! 1. Could this be the Problem? & 2. How'd i fix it? (ideally myself) thanks guys!
combat_sri

25th Sep 03 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if its anything to do with it but check the little fork on the passenger side seatbelt tensioner is clipped on the side of the tensioner and not inserted into it.
Mav 3000

25th Sep 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't fail the MOT - mine didn't - but it will if they change the MOT in future years to include air bags!

If the seatbelt pre-tensioners have gone off then there will be a little bit of material poking throguh the seatbelt clip - if they have you need them replaced as their explosive charges and can't be reset once 'popped' - there £106 each new from Vauxhall. This may cause the light to come on and may explian why the passenger seatbelt keeps commiing off, but the seatbelt wshould still clip in ok.

the plastic 'fork' plaug combat talks of is to top the pretensioners going of f- put them in to take the seats in and out more safely.

My Corsa was recalled due to its seatbelts (the V reg's were) - they left the plastic clips our of my car, but I still managed to take both seats out without making the pretensioners go off.

Hope this helps.

New Poll