corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP - Advice needed! Steering wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP - Advice needed! Steering wheel
bovine777

User status: Offline
   13th Jun 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all. I'm a newbie to this forum and have read about 25 pages trying to find an answer to my question.
I have a 95 merit and have recently replaced the full interior with one from a breeze with no problems. I have now bought a steering wheel from a 99 which is the newer 3 spoke one to replace the huge original 2 spoke one.
The problem is the new one has an airbag and I have no idea how to go about replacing it, the new wheel has the airbag module etc and I wondered if it would be safe enough/possible to use the airbag or whether it would be best just to disable it - ie cut off the sensor?
Any help would be most appreciated as if its done wrong then the after effects could be disasterous!
Also how the hell do you put the new whhel on, the horn part in the centre of the old one pops off and the nut is simply undone to pop the wheel off. The airbag part of the new one appears to be fixed?
Gambit

13th Jun 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would speak to vauxhall about disabling it & see what they say
FrankP

13th Jun 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its best to get the primer removed from the airbag for saftey reasons if your not gonna connect it. from memory when i had mine changed over (02, but still has an airbag) the bag was removed from the old and refitted into the new coz the fixing is behind the bag.
wainey

13th Jun 03 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see how the airbag is going to work if youve got a car which didnt have an airbag as standard anyway

New Poll