corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2 problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 problems
langey

User status: Offline
19th Sep 03 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st of all, after driving for about 20mins or so, when the car revs go down, they sit just below 1 ion the rev counter, and just as it goes below 1, the oil light comes on, but i cheak the oil and theses plenty in. whats the problem? the car only has 45k on the clock.

and the second problem is the temp gauge aint worked since i've had the car, anyone know why or were to look for it in the engine?

its an 1997/8 R reg corsa 1L 12v
drunkenfool

19th Sep 03 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

temp gauge could either be a lose wire in the back of the MFD, or if its the actual thermistor, i think its inside the pipe between the inlet to the engine and the air box/induction kit. I know it is on my engine anyway,but yours may be different
langey

19th Sep 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

call me stupid but whats the mfd??
drunkenfool

19th Sep 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

multi function display. The bit above the heater controls that has the date/time etc on it
langey

19th Sep 03 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if i get that off and look inside there and cheack the wires??
drunkenfool

19th Sep 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a plug at the back held in place with a cable tie. When i took mine out to put blue LEDs in, i had to cut the cable tie and ever since, theres been a dodgy connection.
Dom

19th Sep 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your talking about the outside temp then yea, check the MFD wires etc And the sensor is at the front of your car at the bottom, right behind your bumper (you cant miss it...mines a 99T so may be different).
If its your oil/water temp, thats on your speedo etc, then buy a haynes manual lol havnt got a clue about that, sorry, though a haynes manual is worth buying eitherway.

New Poll