corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic Type R vs Astra GSi Turbo on the track yesterday.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Civic Type R vs Astra GSi Turbo on the track yesterday.
Daimo B

User status: Offline
8th Sep 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
my mate says my corsa handles amazing compared to his CRX, shonky old honda can gtf

My best mate had an older box shaped Civic. Matched my 1.4 16v for pace, but outhandled my Corsa as standard by miles!

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by Daimo B]
Robbo

8th Sep 03 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See what i mean - looks awful
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bogging car. it's like a normal civic with a tacky body kit
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
Ollie CTR's are very over-rated

Based on what? Every award winning magazine can't be wrong and 1000s of owners most certainly can't
Ojc

8th Sep 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they can.
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, but most CTR owners think they own the road. THey are turning into BMW drivers.

CTRs are good fast cars, driven but boring middle aged people.
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep ok, I don't see anyother car for £15-16k that's as reliable, quick, will hold it's value well over the next few years etc. Obviously there are quicker cars for that i.e Caterham etc but nothing as practical with lowish insurance. I'm buying another one to tune/track as I rate it the best car I've driven. GTF with Cossie's, load of old Essex boy's tosh IMO - 80's throwback

Check out the CTR in current CCC mag, 0-60 in 5.7 isn't bad and it out brakes everyother car on test with standard brakes etc
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Sorry, but most CTR owners think they own the road. THey are turning into BMW drivers.

CTRs are good fast cars, driven but boring middle aged people.

ok then, check out the CTR forum and ask the average age of driver - most are mid 20s - early 30s so I wouldn't say middle aged at all. The ATR is a middle aged owners car. I don't think any car owner will take the BMW wanker crown either
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well every one i see on teh road is driven by a middle aged (30-50) bloke pottering along.

Personnally, i think there ok cars, quick, go alright, but i wouldn't buy one.
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTR is gash Nik
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personal choice at end of the day, as I said for a quick hot hatch thats reliable and cheapish to run I can't think of a better buy at the moment. Not everyone likes them, the looks take some getting used to but to say their overated etc is bollox.
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
CTR is gash Nik

So is a Punto GT but I don't wank over that fact
Robbo

8th Sep 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^
So true Nik (to both of ur above comments!)

[Edited on 08-09-2003 by RobboSRi]
Scott

8th Sep 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nik i cant see them holidng value over next few years , ive seen a lot of them going for 10, 11k , thats peanuts
Robbo

8th Sep 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny that, used (albeit approved ones) are going 4 14-15k with <15k mileage - they r depreciating very slowly.
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for 10-11k your get either a high miler (seen some on 90k!) or an accident damaged example. A half decent average mile (20-30k) 51/02 plate will go for 13-14k, more for less miles and a/c. Current residual values in the next year or two look good and should according to experts be worth 10-11k in this time. How many new cars only lose 4-5k in the first 2-3 years?!
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
CTR is gash Nik

So is a Punto GT but I don't wank over that fact

And I don;t respect your opinion
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
for 10-11k your get either a high miler (seen some on 90k!) or an accident damaged example. A half decent average mile (20-30k) 51/02 plate will go for 13-14k, more for less miles and a/c. Current residual values in the next year or two look good and should according to experts be worth 10-11k in this time. How many new cars only lose 4-5k in the first 2-3 years?!

depends how much they cost to begin with
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Personal choice at end of the day, as I said for a quick hot hatch thats reliable and cheapish to run I can't think of a better buy at the moment. Not everyone likes them, the looks take some getting used to but to say their overated etc is bollox.

2.0litre Corsa, Throttle bodies, big breaks, all for under 10k, and will go like poo off a large shovel

But then i like my modded motors
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but how many cars around 16k will lose only that much? Buy a new Punto GT a few years back, drive it for 6 months and they were selling for peanuts Obviously a new high end Merc or Porsche will lose nothing with a few miles on it. It's called supply and demand.
nik

8th Sep 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik

2.0litre Corsa, Throttle bodies, big breaks, all for under 10k, and will go like poo off a large shovel

Civic with plenty of engine mods, stripped out, huugggeeee brakes etc sounds nice to me Standard looks too he he
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

second hand values of GT's are still quite high Nik.

vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik

Civic with plenty of engine mods, stripped out, huugggeeee brakes etc sounds nice to me Standard looks too he he

I don;t see what all the fuss is about. some people like them some don't
GIBBS

8th Sep 03 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well every one i see on teh road is driven by a middle aged (30-50) bloke pottering along.

Personnally, i think there ok cars, quick, go alright, but i wouldn't buy one.

yea maybe u've seen a few but i guarantee the general buyer age is as nick stated. and as for pottering along... yea maybe they are as if u boot it it does drink a bit, it is fast so not many situations where they will be able to boot it, maybe they are sensible and don't throw a 2.0 in a corsa and instantly think it is a really fast car.. the CTR will beat ures and go round corners.
Just like my RX7 it is a stupidly fast car, but u may see me or other rx7 owners or ferrari owners supra owners etc.. they are fast cars and may be seen to be middle ages men pottering around, but i bet most of them could outdrive uas most of these owners take these cars on track to boot it around as u jus cna't boot it with proper fast cars on the road these days.
it's a much better car then a corsa and if u use ure brain u will realise why most people are around 20-30 and up to 40's who own the car... it's still a brand new car and most 18 year olds won't have 16k to throw at a car unlike second hand corsa's with 2litres etc... that's just common sense.
so jus to point out jus because it's going slow on the street does not mean they are old fuddies who don't drive the car, that's just you being your nieve self.

bah... typical school geek.
Scott

8th Sep 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gives us sumit to do when bored , wind up all the lads who think they are great when they realy are just the enxt saxo vts

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic Type R vs Astra GSi Turbo on the track yesterday. 22 database queries in 0.1918790 seconds