corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What a wicked day :-) (Trax)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What a wicked day :-) (Trax)
Daimo B

User status: Offline
7th Sep 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb, just proved to me again why Trax is my favourite show of the year. Turned up nice and early ready for my briefing, sat down and listened to the normal lecture. Found out that Trax is the 2nd largest event Silverstone holds. The first being F1!! Got down to the car, took teh headlight out, and off i went. And i loved it. Fcuking brilliant fun, car went very well, and considering the suspension, it showed up a few cars (Integra Type R, straight, bye bye intergra, Focus ST170, Dont even go there, he had to get out of my way also on the straight ). Seriously, 2.0litre boys, or even 1.6 owners, get ur arse out on track, its great. Only hit 5th gear twice on the lap, and driving the circuit is soooooooooooo different than on games or TV. Hanger straight is so short really, and some of them corners were tighter than i thought. Superb fun

alfter having a wander around, we went over the 0-60 run. Sat down, thought, feck it, lets go have a go, so after bloody ages waiting, i was ready. Now i know the Trax 0-60 times are nto too accurate, but then it was showing 7.0-7.5 for Civic Type R's, 8 secs odd for Fiesta RST etc. Into 1st, green light and off i went, bit of wheelspin (very hard compond front tyres, terrible traction), feathered the throttle, into 2nd n 3rd and on the brakes. Donna comes over, 6.13 0-60 So realistically i reckon im looking at about a 6.8 ish

Also was a bad boy and bought a brand new out Bailey header tank at a nice £105 (no VAT ) so i sahll be fitting that soon. The shiney bits are coming slowly but surely.

On the whole, had a fantastic day, cheers to the orgenisors for the stand, and roll on Trax2004, i shall be there, on track again

(PS, twin engined 2.0litre tubro nova broke the 0-60 record at 2.81 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
CORSA NUT

7th Sep 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seen you drive in mate

Donna was drivin.Sounded sweet
Trotty

7th Sep 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you enjoyed it dude, was a good day yet again
mav

7th Sep 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Daimo...........
antscorsa

7th Sep 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice time daimo, i remember at pv when u had good reaction times then too, didnt sum nova do it in 3.18 seconds or sumfin
Gucci

7th Sep 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw that car on the track looked and sounded nice
Daimo B

7th Sep 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Trotty Garry took loads of me going round the track. I'll post them up when he's uploaded them to the pc.

Ants - Yeah it done that time but it actually went to 2.81 as well.

CorsaNut - Yeah Donna had to drive it in because I had to run to my briefing.
CORSA NUT

7th Sep 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Cheers Trotty Garry took loads of me going round the track. I'll post them up when he's uploaded them to the pc.

Ants - Yeah it done that time but it actually went to 2.81 as well.

CorsaNut - Yeah Donna had to drive it in because I had to run to my briefing.

The bonnet looks better in the flesh too
bradfincham

7th Sep 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo shame that i didnt catch you on the track!!
did you see me after the show on the a43 in the burgandy civic vti next to you?? i was in the back! 0-60 time sounds really good
AdeGT4

7th Sep 03 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missed you on the track session Daimo

I got in late, missed the briefing, but managed to sneek into the 8:35 briefing, so got my wrist band and ran to get me car

I rolled up at the back of the pit lane, just as you lot were going out

Had a fantastic day, and managed to get 3 sessions, although got told off for getting the back end out on my second session, and got black flagged on the third one
vibrio
Banned

7th Sep 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

onder if the timing equipemt was as accurate as the past years
junglist

7th Sep 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i was there
big eck

7th Sep 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounded good pity the top shows are so far away.
That 0-60 time for the twin-engined nova is fcukin rapid, I watched a prog on m&m the other nite and the 0-60 record for a road car was 3.07secs from the dynalynx Audi them 3.37secs for the twin-engined golf that puts the Nova as the fastest road legal car on UK roads.

[Edited on 20-04-2003 by big eck]
drunkenfool

7th Sep 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much would it cost to get a twin engined corsa? Not that i would ever have that much money, but just out of interest. Imagine knowing you had one of the fastest cars in the country, it would be amazing!
Sooty
Banned

7th Sep 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Integra must of been fucked then Daimo

best handling fwd car and very quick
charcoalgrill

7th Sep 03 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova 0-60 in 2.81 seconds
jesus christ one fast car
Dan B

7th Sep 03 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a superb day, somewhat marred by a three-car-pile-up with 3 cars that were supposed to be on the stand we were on (CC), one shunting the middle car into the one I was passenger in right outside the gate in the morning (brand-new CTR which needs a new front-end, written-off AX GT (folded chassis - they really don't make those cars very strong, fibreglass bumpers or not), new-shape Clio with extremely-minor rear-bumper damage (hardly noticeable, unless you look closely)).

Not the best start to the day, spent a few hours getting that sorted......the CTR and AX GT got taken home on a flat-bed, the Clio was on the stand (hardly damaged, really).

Apart from that, a superb day......the weather held all day, we were on a half-decent stand. And, at the end, managed to watch a superb track-session, with a few M3's showing how not to take a corner in a straight line, aswell as a rocket-fast Corsa (black one, anyone know who's this is and what spec it is?)...

And I wish I'd seen that twin-engined Nova pull the 2.83 0-60 time, I think I saw the car off the track, though (was it a black one, split left-right exhausts, and WIDE rims?
Icy

8th Sep 03 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
And I wish I'd seen that twin-engined Nova pull the 2.83 0-60 time, I think I saw the car off the track, though (was it a black one, split left-right exhausts, and WIDE rims?

yeh was that one.

top day i thought too
didnt let my flu ruin the day
met alot fo ppl off here and some other sites.
sxi boy

8th Sep 03 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beat an ITR??

fuck right off it'd rip you a new arsehole
sxi boy

8th Sep 03 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would you wana take a corsa on a track???? they handle shit
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew i'd get some of the usuals coming back with those kinda comments Aye, ITR must have been fucked, both of em that were in front of me, on video, with me getting past one of em and catching the other.

Why would i want to take a corsa on track, why would 2.0litre Nova boys want to do the same also? A little jealous??

Ade, u got the white 200SX S13? See one of those tailsliding round the complex, on vid too

A complete wicked day, and i've just had a look at my header tank and put it up against the old one, gonna look goooooooooood
Robbo

8th Sep 03 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo - did u c ur fanclub on the pit straihgt??!!! lmao @ kerry - she shud b a cheerleader!!!!!!!!!

U was actually goin pretty fast when we was watchin u - took out a few carsd!
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i wanted to be on my own, so on lap 2 i slopwed down to the back of the group and let everyone go on a bit. Left it a while and back on the throttle again. Caught the group back up and over took a few. No way i was gonna catch that Porkie GT3 or 200SX, let them past

Nahhh, seriously, it was deffo a great experience, i took my car to its current limits, it survived, as did i, and i loved it loved it loved it
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pit straight, only just got it into 5th. How F1 cars go round that at 160mph odd i dont know, its sooo much sharper than u'd think!! Think i was down into 3rd for that
AdeGT4

8th Sep 03 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Ade, u got the white 200SX S13? See one of those tailsliding round the complex, on vid too

Yep that was me

There was 4 of us who went on track to slide Me in my white S13 200SX, Phil in his Black S14a 200SX, Chris in a Black Corolla and Kiki in his GT3.

But Kiki didn't want to push it that much incase he went in the kitty litter Cant blame him really, that car is awesome

Is the vid emailable ??

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What a wicked day :-) (Trax) 22 database queries in 0.1955152 seconds