corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 16v redtop - can you use the airbox?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 16v redtop - can you use the airbox?
and-m

User status: Offline
7th Sep 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the airbox fit from the engine rather than using a cone?

Will it be too large?

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by and-m]
MikeH

7th Sep 03 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't think it will fit the corsa mounting points, probably won't fit at all actually.
MattyB

7th Sep 03 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, wont go in AT all
M4tt

7th Sep 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't you use the corsa one instead, or isn't there enough space for one at all...?
MattyB

7th Sep 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing with the red top engine is that its air intake set up is quite finely tuned (meaning a smaller air box prolly wudnt help things)......and to get the most out of it, its best just to use summat like a scorpion filter or summat (sounds excellent and takes up little space, yet providing a few more bhp).

I mean based on my experience with fittin a valver into a nova, u wudnt even fit the corsa air box in there! However, the corsa bay mite be larger in this section to accomdate the box.

But the question remains, why wud u want the air box anyway??? If u got the ££ to buy and fit a valver, then spare the extra £50 and get a filter. Some even go for £20-30 on mig for a good un!

Matt
M4tt

7th Sep 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not that matt, its just that i've got my pripercross induction kit inside the oe airbox with a cold air feed strapped to the front of the box.

its much better for town driving like that, and i was wondering if it would fit like this on a valver?

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by M4tt]
Dan_Corsa

7th Sep 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can keep the original square filter box off the corsa for use how you mean how ever u will need a eco tech pipe and mount or the power cap to mount the top of the throttle bodie
and-m

7th Sep 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
But the question remains, why wud u want the air box anyway??? If u got the ££ to buy and fit a valver, then spare the extra £50 and get a filter. Some even go for £20-30 on mig for a good un!
Matt

Its not cos Im a cheapskate, the best power gains are with a panel filter and a fat cold air feed cut out into the box

BTW does anyone have the Vauxhall part no for this ecotec pipe and the number for topgear who make the plates?

Cheers!

Adam_B

7th Sep 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part number is 90411677 i think. sorry if thats someones phone number, just found it in my U2U msnger Topgear have a website somewhere, do a search

not a great pic, but its that big black pipe behind the strut brace -

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by Adam_B]
and-m

7th Sep 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, whats that pipe running along the strut brace coming from the ecotec pipe?
MattyB

8th Sep 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by and-m
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
Matt

Its not cos Im a cheapskate, the best power gains are with a panel filter and a fat cold air feed cut out into the box

BTW does anyone have the Vauxhall part no for this ecotec pipe and the number for topgear who make the plates?

Cheers!

only reason i said it was coz i've seen various RR print outs showing better increases with a induction kit. And coz i dont really know how well the redtop fits the corsa, i would have assumed it makes more sense, rather than tryin to cram everything in.

Matt
Daimo B

8th Sep 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd preter to have an airbox with my engine and good panel filter. Redtops work well with sealed induction units. I really hate my induction kit Well, bar the noise

But thats what an induction kit does really, tiny bit of power, lots of noise.

New Poll