corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Guesstimates on my BHP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Guesstimates on my BHP
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 03 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys n galls, i just wondered how much bhp i may have gained by doing the following,

Drilled Airbox
PVD Panel Filter
Removed Centre Silencer for straight pipe
Scorpion monza backbox

other than the above the engine is standard,

would i be right in guessing i may have around 80BHP now?

TOMAS

2nd Sep 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prob about 3-4 over standard, max. Hopefully over the next few months i may be asking similar questions - mod's i'll have done will include THROWING AWAY the 1.2 16v, and maybe dropping in C20LET if I can source one for the right price.

[Edited on 02-09-2003 by TOMAS]
mike16v

2nd Sep 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+5or6 maybe
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Sep 03 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers, i was told sometime on here that u could get 5-6bhp from drilling your airbox! this true? obviously with a performance filter in it.
Macca_G

2nd Sep 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done mine and it certainly feels a lot quicker and punchier through the gears... Everyone who has been in my car said it throws ya back in your seat more...Dont get your hopes up to much but you won't be dissapointed with the sound..Just make sure you do it right!
Neshol

3rd Sep 03 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done those exact same mods, i'd say the panel filter was the only noticable performance difference. What does your C sound like? Since I removed the centre silencer on my B, (and i've got a Monza rear too), it sounds shit!
Gambit

3rd Sep 03 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-3bhp if even that
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Sep 03 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a vid of the sound, if you want it add me to your MSN messenger and i will send u it, its 4 meg
Noonster

3rd Sep 03 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris will try and get on soon mate, so I can check it out....

Cheers bud,

PS..... finally got out last night and took pics of my neons in the dark, so should be uploading them sometime this week, might just wait till the HU been fitted and post them all on saturday

New Poll