corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine swaps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine swaps
Wilero

User status: Offline
   31st Aug 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i know this question gets asked every day, but im just about to start a red top conversion and nearly bought the PVD kit untill i read the feedback about it. Is it really that crap, and if so, whats the best way to go about it.

I have a 97' sport 1.4 16v with PAS and ABS.

Would it be a mixture of parts from different suppliers, or is there a decent kit somewhere, if poss i would like to make engine and gearbox mounts and anything else i could so i have more money to spend on other areas of the car. any help will be greatfully recieved.

Cheers

[Edited on 31-08-2003 by Wilero]
Dan_Corsa

31st Aug 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can make your own engine mount u only need to change the o/s/f(drivers side) mount,the gear box mount just needs the lip shaving of it so it mounts up to the f20 box,get drive shafts from courtenay sport and you can even cut and re fibreglass the sfi box to fit(save about 25 quid),and u'll need a header tank with 1 outlet 2 inlets on it
Wilero

31st Aug 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate, so the engine mounts are pretty similar then, i was thinkin about making a new carbon fibre intake, like the power cap. what about wiring and the power steering, the pvd kit said somthin about a bodywork mount which was like £100!
Dan_Corsa

31st Aug 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the body work mount acctually sits in the drivers side chassis legheld in with for bolts best of buying one of these and just fabricatin the mount,the wiring is pretty simple just match colour for colour bassically,take it you have fluid power steering and not eps,you could fabricate your own power steering mounting plate or buy 1 from pvd,where you from?
Wilero

31st Aug 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ok sounds good, i live just up from portsmouth, down south, how bout u? its fluid power steering. so what happens to the belt tension when the engine moves when blipped??
Dan_Corsa

31st Aug 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm live in between blackpool and preston (exactly 10 mile either way)you mount it on the engine just below the drivers side engine mount so it moves with the engine

New Poll