corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Astra gte brakes, should i fit them??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra gte brakes, should i fit them??
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
17th Aug 03 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a set of Astra ate calipers, brand new vented disks, and some ebc greenstuff pads.

my std brakes on my 1.2 are shit, and will need new pads, and prob disks pretty soon, only prob with the ate calipers and the vented disks is that the std 13" wheels wont fit. so if i have a puncture on the front im gonna have to take an alloy from the rear, put it too the front and put the spare on the rear

I have 16" 100+ tornadoes on the car, but im starting college on 1 sep, And i dont know what the arear will b like (its through an apprenticeship) should i fit the bigger brakes and keep the alloys on (with mcguard locking nut,(which il hav 2 buy v.soon) and another locking nut thats on them already)

Or do i put new std disks and pads on and use my steel wheels for a while, until i know what the arear round the college is like for car crime etc?

I keep changing my mind

[Edited on 17-08-2003 by moddedcorsa]
Miner

18th Aug 03 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get urself a steelie from a scrappie, I got a 15" steelie from a written off 52 reg SXi. I run 195x45x15's so I was rather handy to get one same size, for urself a 14" steelie from Astra or Cavvy will do. I bought tyre foam for that reason but was never sure about it so Igot the steelie & used one of my old tyres. Try Alledrdyce's in Auchinleck or Strange Pete in Killie (dep on how far west u r!)
moddedcorsa

18th Aug 03 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, think ill just do that. My cousin got an old cav mk3 for nuffin, so think ill c if i can get a wheel from him

New Poll