corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » POWER STEERING+SPEEDO-engine conversion looming

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author POWER STEERING+SPEEDO-engine conversion looming
calidus

User status: Offline
   12th Aug 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as well all know, I ave bin blabbering and blah blah-ing about fitting a gsi engine to my sxi, its getting ever closer-two things are bothering ,me :-

1-) Power steering-mine is electronic,any idea how it will fit onto the gsi lump?- if it had p/s it would be hydraulic?

2-) speedos!!!!- my sxi has electronic loom- iM guessing a bit like an astra GTE transducer loom etc, will I be able to patch it to the gsi box? or should I use my sxi box? will I need to mix the 2 looms together if I did it that way?
BeArDy

User status: Offline
12th Aug 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as well all know, I ave bin blabbering and blah blah-ing about fitting a gsi engine to my sxi, its getting ever closer-two things are bothering ,me :-

1-) Power steering-mine is electronic,any idea how it will fit onto the gsi lump?- if it had p/s it would be hydraulic?
u sure its electronic?? as i wouldent think so and never seen any. u have a pump and pipes?
if so us the stardard corsa pipes and fluid bottle and use the Astra GTE pump and just mate them up BUT you will have to spacer the Tie bats down as it will hit the pump.

2-) speedos!!!!- my sxi has electronic loom- iM guessing a bit like an astra GTE transducer loom etc, will I be able to patch it to the gsi box? or should I use my sxi box? will I need to mix the 2 looms together if I did it that way?
again i would think your SXI has the same as the astra as the astra dash is mech, where yuors is electic, so your speedo will not work

New Poll