corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SOMEONE HELP ME!! LOL

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SOMEONE HELP ME!! LOL
calidus

User status: Offline
   22nd Sep 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite then peeps, the sxi lump is officially out now, got the gsi lump n loom ready to go in when I notice a problem :-(
the loom goes in ok, but Im having difficulty removing the sxi loom, which is shaping up to be a dash out jobbie, and the worst part of the scenario, is that the loom that goes to the ecu has 5 plugs, 2 to the gsi ecu, 1 which seems to be a purple relay, and 2 lil black plugs, however I dont think I have anything for these to plug into :-( does any one know where these go?
On a plus note, which I also need help with lol is I have the space to run in a foglite loom neatly off the main switch, anyone know where I can get a loom from? Im using a proper foglite switch, and was gonna try get a proper loom from a cav, however I do not know id the plugs would be the same, and does anyone know wot plugs gsi foglites need? Im planning for the futur
calidus

22nd Sep 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt please
calidus

22nd Sep 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone help please? maybe have a look
at their c16xe ecu?
Paul H

22nd Sep 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you not got the haynes manual?look at the wiring diagrams it should give you some idea.
Greasemonkey

22nd Sep 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate if ya aint sorted it by 6 i will have a look at me ECU for ya when i get home
Adam-D

22nd Sep 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no idea sorry?
i have to be there and help u figure it out
and i aint drivin to lincon
coz
i dont know where the fuck it is??
and i got work?
keep this post topped and sumone will help eventually
K100RSA

22nd Sep 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your loom will go begind the dash as its probably part of the system that reads the code from the key, this is the reason I went for a 2.0 into my 1.4 8v as putting the 1.4 or 1.6 16v in was a lot more work, if the engine is fairly new, will need the original key etc for the ecu of the engine, or the immobilisor wont work, this can be the only wiring that goes behind the dash, normally its a sinple case of lifting out the loom in one piece, should go through the bulkhead on drivers side and down to the footwell with the ECU, if it goes elsewhere then pretty sure its for the immobilisor

hope this might give you some idea

Tony
calidus

22nd Sep 03 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite then dudes, dash is now out as cud not access the sxi existing loom, removing the dash(which was a sod!!!) showed me a lil bit more, the engine Ive got to go in has power steerin,however my car has leccy power steering it seems :s and the worst part of that is the EPS plugs into the sxi ecu Im coming close to removing the sxi loom,shud be coming out tonite, I got hold of the key for the engine, and I need a speedo cable n throttle cable, getting these two items tomoro, the plan at the moment is rip out sxi loom, get gsi c16xe loom in, get speedo n throttle cable in,get engine n driveshafts in- ive just found that I cant find where the ECU is!!! just bin flicking thru haynes manual, and the part that was suspected to be the ECU, is just the power steering brain!!! so Im off to find the proper ECU!!! god this is a sod
calidus

22nd Sep 03 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found proper ecu on engine, bk on track with the engine, just 2 worries, the black plugs on gsi loom I dunno where they can plug into anything on the sxi, and then theres the power steering pump which shud be redundant as I got EPS?
Paul H

22nd Sep 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you need a hand m8 i'm not doing anything tommorow
calidus

22nd Sep 03 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers bud will look u up sometime tomoro afternoon probly lol!!! me and the old man are getting me a speedo n throttle cable, and lobbing em into the car, then the engine shud be going bk in with the loom,and will tackle the 2 plugs when I can!!! hows ur mota anyways matey?
Paul H

22nd Sep 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

allright mate apart from starter motor is fcukin up
calidus

23rd Sep 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it not under warranty???
Paul H

23rd Sep 03 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by calidus
is it not under warranty???
no mate it's gone over a year and i'm not the original owner seems ok today though starts fine
calidus

23rd Sep 03 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine update, to sum it all up-GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! RRRRRRRR!!!! its looking like Im gonna have to change fuseboxes, and Im gonna have to strip most the loom in the car to remove the leccy speedo cable out and the other loom that went to the engine ecu, then theres the lil black plug on the gsi loom which I cannot find out where it goes!!! throttle cable is in, speedo cable goes in soon, one major headache is I aint sure if the pins on the leccy speedo dials are different to cable driven dials
Greasemonkey

23rd Sep 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

explain a bit more on the little black plug and i will try and find it on my gsi
Greasemonkey

23rd Sep 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good new by the way rob got a phone call from the bodyshop today the repairs on my car have been authorised so it should be going in very soon as soon as they can fit me in, so me GSI bumper is yours probably in the next week or so
calidus

23rd Sep 03 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet mate!!! I got some good news on my engine change lol, I gotta take the powersteering pump off the lump, and fit a smaller belt, possibly an SRi 16v belt? then I got a couple of hurdles to come across, where to bring the speedometer cable thru the bulkhead,as the EPS motor is in the way a bit, and the 9 pin plug Ive been worrying about, goes into the fusebox- and has more relays, my car hardly has any relays, so I gotta get a new fusebox it seems, and some relays, but once the old sxi loom finally gives up the ghost, I can then run the new loom in the big grommet, find a home for ECU(cos EPS brain is in the traditional place) drop pump off engine, fit new belt,get engine in and connect!!!
Paul H

23rd Sep 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by calidus
sweet mate!!! I got some good news on my engine change lol, I gotta take the powersteering pump off the lump, and fit a smaller belt, possibly an SRi 16v belt? then I got a couple of hurdles to come across, where to bring the speedometer cable thru the bulkhead,as the EPS motor is in the way a bit, and the 9 pin plug Ive been worrying about, goes into the fusebox- and has more relays, my car hardly has any relays, so I gotta get a new fusebox it seems, and some relays, but once the old sxi loom finally gives up the ghost, I can then run the new loom in the big grommet, find a home for ECU(cos EPS brain is in the traditional place) drop pump off engine, fit new belt,get engine in and connect!!!
just a quick one m8 i thought the eps worked off the digital speedo?if your replacing the loom and changing it to a speedo cable how will your eps work?i don't know if it's the same on yours but mine works of the digital speedo?
calidus

23rd Sep 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooooh dont like the sound of that, I aint traced the cables all the way yet, but the EPS has its own lil ECU in my car it seems,where older corsa bs have their engine ecu!!! which means I gotta find a new home for either of em!!! looks like the trickiest part of it all is gonna be patching the gsi loom to the fusebox :s
calidus

24th Sep 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE:- The whole loom needs pulling from inside the engine bay bk thru to the interior, to seperate sxi loom from lights and indicators and wiper looms etc
Then speedo cable can finally be teased into the car,along with the gsi loom Im hoping ans the gsi engine, this is the plan for today, however have the feeling I will only manage to get looms seperated as it looks a mahoosive job :-(
calidus

24th Sep 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will update later Im off to see the bitter half
Mav 3000

24th Sep 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it easier to buy a 1.6 16v with a Corsa surrounding it??

This has put me off doing it to say the least! I thought I get all the bad luck!

Hope it works out ok!
calidus

24th Sep 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it wudve, but they didnt make an arden blue gsi they do the sport, which aint got a gsi kit or c16xe I got the sxi cos it was a bargain,3500! but the engine etc was a bargain at 300 I fort!
calidus

24th Sep 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooooh and I have to fabricate a chunk of my own loom to go to relays etc and remove the PAS pump and get hold of as difrent belt for it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SOMEONE HELP ME!! LOL 23 database queries in 0.1058469 seconds