corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Another corsa C head unit question!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another corsa C head unit question!!!!!!!
Melville

User status: Offline
   5th Aug 03 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could someone please tell me how you get the double din head unit out. I know on the corsa B you neede two little clip things, do you need anything like that?

Thanks
Scotty_B

5th Aug 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You first have to take the 4 grub screws out.(located on the four corners) you'll need an allen key for them. Then all you have to do is get double din head unit pullers from halfords. Job done.

PS. I went to my local Vauxhall dealer and they pulled the unit out for me for nought.
neiliosxi

6th Aug 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to my local ice dealer and they borrowed me the keys they aint much even if u wanna buy em like.
dannycorsa c

6th Aug 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used a coat hanger did the trick
Melville

8th Aug 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right sorry to be a pain in the arse but I went to halfords and got the clip things to take it out and then took the screws out and pushed the clip tools in really hard til they clicked, I then tried pulling the h/u out but it wouldnt budge!!! Not even an inch, in the end the clips just popped out. I tried a couple of times and they stil wont budge. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks Mark
Richie

8th Aug 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ur a pleb, its so easy.
Melville

8th Aug 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How Im a pleb lol I even asked my old man to do it and he couldnt. Any suggestions as to where Im going wrong?? I seriously couldnt budge it like and Im no weakling lol
Thanks Mark
Scotty_B

8th Aug 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to your Network Q garage and ask them to pull the unit out for you. They did mine for nothing.

Ask nicely mind.
Richie

8th Aug 03 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its piss easy i did it about a month back. Just take out the screws, insert the keys as far as they will go then using a hand on each key budge the unit from left to right and it will come out.

New Poll