corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine swap

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine swap
goughy

User status: Offline
4th Jul 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this may take a while to read so if u get bored easy stop now!!!!!!!!
I want to put a 1.8 litre into my 1.0 corsa c, what would drop in nicely and what brakes suspension etc etc would i need, i want a new engine so will a mark 4 astra fit or vectra...
also how do i remove those enoying black strips on the doors, is it the same as when u debadge the car, thanks for reading any prices places to get parts and any good or bad write ups about engine conversions would be appreciated, thanks again..., Goughy!
J da Silva

4th Jul 03 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u'd be better goin for either a 1.6 on throttles or the 2litre conversion,maybe the turbo version
Drew
Banned

5th Jul 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
u'd be better goin for either a 1.6 on throttles or the 2litre conversion,maybe the turbo version

2 litre is a corsa c is a bastard so i heard
M4tt

5th Jul 03 at 05:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why don't you try to find a crashed 1.8 SRi and strip it?

although it might be a bit hard cause they will probably be stacked from the front
AgentBlue

5th Jul 03 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.8 engine is a bit pants
either get a 1.6 and tune the socks off it
or put any one of the fine range of 2.0 16v engines in there
see the latest copy of total vauxhall to get a look at the M-Tec 20 turbo corsa c
They do al the bits and kit to get around the problems with fitting engines to the corsa c

PVD stock most M-Tec parts
miles

5th Jul 03 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've not done to much to the car already then sell it and buy an sri.
goughy

5th Jul 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car is absolute standard apart from alloys and sound system, where would i get a good engine from, i dont want an old one, i want about 40-60k miles on it. thanks for replying

Kerry

5th Jul 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say the easyest way would be to find like Matt says a smashed 1.8SRI as everthing is electric and should wire in fine as on corsa C the wiring is the hardest part, and its not as if u can buy a off the shelf help thing, as they only do them for the 2lts as the bloke who has done on has had to run 2 ECU's

no matter what engine u do look into fitting into a corsa C the fiting is easy maybe a 48hours thing, but the wireing is the hard part, i read somwhere it took a bloke 4 months to wire a old engine into a astra Mk4.....

would be interesting to see how much the fitting kit would cost as it has a new wireing loom and a second ECU, and a ECU on its own for any car is about 400.
Kerry

5th Jul 03 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all this and brains to
goughy

5th Jul 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where could i get a smashed up sri from, and how much would it cost,what sort of bhp does it have, thanks again for replying...
Kerry

5th Jul 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrap yards? i think you will be looking for rocking horse shit :S
and your looking alot of money for one aswell, a few k easy.
if your going to do it, i would say hold out until u can affored a bigger engine as a 1.8 isent really worth a fair few k it will cost ya.
i know where theres a smashed VX220
goughy

5th Jul 03 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no thanks, what engine would you put in as i dont want to go for to much of a jump cause ive only got the 1.0 litre and only been driving 8 months
Kerry

5th Jul 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring about for ins, as even to a 1.8 your going to still pay alot, if u have only been driving for 8 months i would say keep the 1lt and spend your money on the car, as in bodykits and wheels then after u have some NCB then get a new engine.
your looking for the full conversion at least 4k which i would say save it till u can go the full job lot and get eather a 2lt turbo (old or new) 2.5 v6 (old) 2lt 16v (old) 2.2 16v (new) or alittle harder to find as they are not out yet the 1.6 turbo........

save your money as anything less then a 2lt isent really that fast anyway......
miles

5th Jul 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your car is standard whats the point in messing around with engine conversions to give it an engine that comes standard in another corsa. Even once it has been done it wont have the same handling or trim levels. And will be worth less than an sri.

So just sell it and buy an sri. Easiest option!
Dan_Corsa

5th Jul 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
ring about for ins, as even to a 1.8 your going to still pay alot, if u have only been driving for 8 months i would say keep the 1lt and spend your money on the car, as in bodykits and wheels then after u have some NCB then get a new engine.
your looking for the full conversion at least 4k which i would say save it till u can go the full job lot and get eather a 2lt turbo (old or new) 2.5 v6 (old) 2lt 16v (old) 2.2 16v (new) or alittle harder to find as they are not out yet the 1.6 turbo........

save your money as anything less then a 2lt isent really that fast anyway......

i think what kerry say's is the best advice this is what i did started off with a 1.0 12v,spent my money on styling it,then after 2 years i got a good qoute for a 2.0 16v engine and fitted 1
scotty19

5th Jul 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.8 corsa c sri is 125bhp i believe.
Fad

5th Jul 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by goughy
the car is absolute standard apart from alloys and sound system, where would i get a good engine from, i dont want an old one, i want about 40-60k miles on it. thanks for replying

Just sell up and get an SRi works out soo much cheaper in the long run and then u wont have to fettle with suspension. brakes, interior etc and the car will have a much better spec... u know it makes sense
goughy

5th Jul 03 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car could i get a 1.6 turbo from, or could i get a 1.6 and fit a turbo,,
J da Silva

5th Jul 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo

2 litre is a corsa c is a bastard so i heard

thought he had a corsa B,oopz
luca2020

5th Jul 03 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.6 turbo engine aint out yet, and vaux aint 100% sure if they will even release it

the 1.8sri eninge is crap, theirs no real power in it and will be a waste of money

at the mo theirs no new 1.6 engine, only the C16XE and X16XE from the corsa b, and fitting turbos to these is not very good+money doing it then dropping it into ur car is just silly money for the power

phone up M-Tec and see what they say
goughy

5th Jul 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot will be the best engine swap.. i dont want a 2ltr,,, all the info to go with this engine including brakes etc etc would be nice thanks for reply....
J da Silva

5th Jul 03 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well u need uprated brakes,like off a cav 16v etc, strut braces, wheel hubs,new engine mounts or reshaped old mounts,dependin on what engine u put in,u may need an updated gearbox,loomin kit would help ya a lot too
J da Silva

5th Jul 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say a 1.6gsi mate, like luca said, turbo'in any of them type of engines is not good,better off on throttle bodies if u ask me
J da Silva

5th Jul 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with 1.6's tho i dont think u need a brake upgrade,not sure on that
goughy

6th Jul 03 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may sound like a novice here but wot is a throttle body

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll