corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Couple Questions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple Questions...
James@CCC

User status: Offline
20th Nov 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lads, got a few little questions hope you can help me out

1) i recently had a little prang where i fucked a wheel and a suspension arm, got it all fixed and now ive got it back the steering wheel sits at about 1 o clock, not dead straight. not majorly important it just pisses me off. Can i fix this? Can i just un bolt it, turn it and rebolt it on? Does this show an underlying major problem?

2) I have a glove box with a lock, but i reacon the normal gloveboxes look a load better, so i wanna dehandle it. Is this possible? will i just need a solenoid and a switch as with a boot?

3) Most random question, but my mate reackons if you buy some part or another you can change single point injection to multi point. Simple as that, quick as you like. I dont believe him. can anyone shed some light?

Cheers people if you can answer ne thing there
Ty_Harris

20th Nov 03 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corser
lads, got a few little questions hope you can help me out

3) Most random question, but my mate reackons if you buy some part or another you can change single point injection to multi point. Simple as that, quick as you like. I dont believe him. can anyone shed some light?

Cheers people if you can answer ne thing there

3) - hes the simple part is an engine

Sorrymate... couldn't help it..

Other Q's.. just get a new lid for your glovebox with no keyhole, dehandling would be a bit poitless IMHO.
James@CCC

20th Nov 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, i have got a normal handle, but i just wanna still be able to lock it. dosent matter if i cant, its just useful, and i dont fancy prisng off the handle to lock it everytime and then putting it back on
Greasemonkey

20th Nov 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the steering wheel problem is due to your tracking being set wrong, when the tracked it they did it with the wheel not straight i got the same problem, hhhhmmmm must get that sorted thiking about it
James@CCC

20th Nov 03 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

twats

how much to get it fixed?
Gambit

20th Nov 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the tracking is more likely to be set right, but the steering wheel not realigned to centre

so if your car does not pull to one side, or scrub tyres etc then just take the steering wheel off and set it back to 12oclock
James@CCC

20th Nov 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, it drives right and everything, i just thought that nothing was ever simple, so un bolting the steering wheel and then re connecting it was too straight forward
James@CCC

21st Nov 03 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant delock the glovebox btw, whoopsy
James@CCC

22nd Nov 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more help out there?
PaulW

22nd Nov 03 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine will be a little trickier

you'll need to swap the ECU, wiring loom, inlet manifold, injectors, cam, ignition system (MPi's are distributorless(sp)), may need to use the cylinderhead of the MPi engine aswell, and I'm not sure if the exhaust manifold's are the same either, but it's not really worth the money for such a conversion, plus, if it's a 1.2i it won't go, you'll need a 1.4i to do it

It would probably just be cheaper to swap the engine for an MPi lump than swap all the parts to make it an MPi

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by PaulW]
James@CCC

22nd Nov 03 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

least now i no hes bullshittin, cheers

New Poll