corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MOT Questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT Questions
scrap

User status: Offline
   25th Jun 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know too much about cars and my car is nearly due its MOT i think its about 6 weeks away when do i need to get it in for an MOT, can u take it in anytime or just within the last 2 weeks of the MOT or something like???

Where should i get my car MOT'd and what price should i be looking to pay, I've seen one advertised in my local paper for £9.99, which seems very cheap, will they then say i need loads of things doing to pass the MOT??

Obviously just want it to pass 1st time, any tips, likely failures etc

Any comments welcome

thanx
Gambit

25th Jun 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well this is what they will test

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm
ROBSTA

25th Jun 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MAKE SURE OBVIOUS THINGS LIKE ALL YOUR LIGHT BULBS ARE O.K AND WORK, WIPERS ARE O.K AND MIRRORS

THAT IS CHEAP
GO FOR IT AND IF THEY SAY YOU NEED LOADS OF STUFF GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY

THEN YOUVE ONLY LOST A TENNER
leafgreencorsa

25th Jun 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can have your car MOT'd anytime. However, if you have the car MOT'd up to 1 month before the current certificate runs out then take this with you to the testing station and (providing the car passes) they can date the expiry of the new certificate as 12 months from the date of expiry of the old one (if that makes sense). That way you don't lose out by taking the car in early. It is only possible to do this for a month before expiry of the old certificate.
scrap

25th Jun 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx that helps a bit

New Poll