corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Centre section advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Centre section advice
saint

User status: Offline
20th Jun 03 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv bought a universal rage backbox for £100 and I was going to get a straight thru centre section fitted from the cat back for what i thought would be no more than about £70.
But iv had quotes of 170, 140 and 150+vat. Where can i get one, iv tried two powerflow dealers and freeflow in bathgate which wanted £170.
Would I be better off getting a sebring centre section, would that fit my 1litre and the backbox?
SXIBOYO

20th Jun 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i got quoted 160 for my centre section too, they would make it cheaper if u dont have a system and just replace the box with a pipe, but well i would prefer to go with the system
Fraser Young

20th Jun 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got full centre straiht thru pipe done for £70 at powerflow in glasgow on tues...
Fraser Young

20th Jun 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right at the end of the M8... not too difficult to get to from u...
saint

21st Jun 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, is that DRIVERS ,113 St. George’s Road. It's on the powerflow website.

M4tt

21st Jun 03 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats better to get a straight through pipe or a less restrictive box in terms of sound quality, not noise!
CopyWrite

21st Jun 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a less restrictive box I would have thought...leaving boxes out can make it sound raspy.
saint

21st Jun 03 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does a straight thru pipe give you a lot less performance?
Fraser Young

21st Jun 03 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Straight thru pipe sounds fantastic, v deep an lovely, an if anything the car goes thru the rev range a bit quicker than before.... S'what i'd go for, an yeah it is Drivers, great shop an service...
glasgow_corsa_c

21st Jun 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fwaza esquire
Straight thru pipe sounds fantastic, v deep an lovely, an if anything the car goes thru the rev range a bit quicker than before.... S'what i'd go for, an yeah it is Drivers, great shop an service...

Drivers for Powerflow are sposed to be shit quality.

heard of folk havin probs with their exhasuts.
Fraser Young

21st Jun 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a good look before i left (I know only £70 but i'm a tight scotsman) an the welds all looked top notch... SOunds great goes great an have been checking in last week since an all is in order...
moddedcorsa

21st Jun 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what backbox u got fwaza? i was thinking of getting this done, but thought it would b too loud and raspy, (boy racer rusty fiesta style)
Fraser Young

22nd Jun 03 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont laff but it's a Peco Boxer (stainless) BB4... I know what many peoples opinions are but ive had no problems an getting on really well with it... It is v. loud, and rasps only very ocassionally, but not in a harsh way it sounds really deep, Def. sounds like a much bigger car is coming down the streets! ALthough pisses off the neighbours at nite!
saint

23rd Jun 03 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just phoned them and the guy said he wouldn't do it because if there is any problems it's probably not his fault. You got them to weld your backbox to the centre pipe?
moddedcorsa

23rd Jun 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fwaza esquire
Dont laff but it's a Peco Boxer (stainless) BB4... I know what many peoples opinions are but ive had no problems an getting on really well with it... It is v. loud, and rasps only very ocassionally, but not in a harsh way it sounds really deep, Def. sounds like a much bigger car is coming down the streets! ALthough pisses off the neighbours at nite!

i cant laugh, i have a BB4 on mine But ive had no probs with it, and i like the sound it gives, ppl make out that they sound shit and very loud, but mine just gives a nice rumble at idle, and a bit throughout the revs.

i have my old std system (replaced it cos centre box had a hole in it) so i might weld that up so its a straight through system and see if i like it, then i might get the sebring straight through centre section
Kris TD

23rd Jun 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just make it yourself, its only a straight piece of pipe, cut the origanal exhaust off a couple of inchs behind the first silencer and a bit in front, then use a piece of the correct bore pipe which u can buy for like 10 quid then just clamp it on, easy and well cheap.
M4tt

23rd Jun 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can you buy a bit of pipe from? i can't think of n e where off the top of me head.

what size is the bore on a corsa ( sorry just being lazy)

cheers!
Kris TD

23rd Jun 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. any exhaust place or motor factors sells it.
2. the bore depends on what engine you have. just measure the internal diameter of the origanal stuff.

New Poll