corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rev counter dials help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rev counter dials help!
vauxtillidie

User status: Offline
19th Jun 03 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im after some rev counter dials but the only ones i can find in local scrappies r the ones that have electric speedo, mine has a cable speedo but is it possible to make these work by gettin the sender off the gearbox and wiring it into the dash plug? or is there more to it?

Any help much appreciated

Chris
DJP

19th Jun 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i know... you're correct... you just need the sender from the gearbox... you'll have to bodge it a bit, mind.

you need to send power to the sender and run a cable for the feed... when i did one on me nova for the digidash... i shared the dial's power supply witht he sender unit... so there was one multi-core going down taking power and taking back the feed for the dial kit.

give it a go... i definately would.
vauxtillidie

19th Jun 03 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done it on a digi dash many a time just wondered if there was more to it for the corsa, maybe not. i think i will just give it a try cus there cheap enough
DJP

19th Jun 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would do... it's exactly the same concept... the only worry is that your loom might not go into it quite right... you might have to re-arrange the pins... (they pop out with the aid of a screwdriver) or get a new block at worst and crimp some wires.
vauxtillidie

19th Jun 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a spare dash plug neway so if it goes wrong its not the end of the world

New Poll