corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacement dials

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacement dials
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
4th Sep 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa (standard model) Speedo reads 10-130 (no rev. counter) Part No - 400RR
Has anyone fitted these? And if so are they Backlit, that is, do the numbers etc light up from the light behind them?
corsa starter

4th Sep 03 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shud do mate... mine are but they are 0-130
Mistamist

4th Sep 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah cos the actual numbers should be transparent so the light will still pass through.
barry_kellett99

5th Sep 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i assumed this, but the current ones i have are tin and not back lit! I need back lit dials to use my LEDs in the dash, and i have a feeling i read on here before that the dials for my dash would not be back lit. Do they replace the current dials or stick over the top?
barry_kellett99

5th Sep 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yo yo yo
cobra148

5th Sep 03 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barry, I assume you have the non rev counter dials with the tin dials in? As you said, they are side lit not back lit. If you stick Lockwood dials over the top, they will still be side lit. You "could" drill a series of small holes in the steel dials before sticking the replacements on, this might allow some light to shine through from the rear.
cobra148

5th Sep 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrap that idea above, it would only allow for very patchy light if it worked. You would need to cut away all the illuminated parts on the steel dial.
barry_kellett99

5th Sep 03 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
Scrap that idea above, it would only allow for very patchy light if it worked. You would need to cut away all the illuminated parts on the steel dial.

Thanks, I was thinking the dials just stuck on which is not what i want at all!
cobra148

5th Sep 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the dials with rev counter simply stick on, but the old dials need removing. I'm not sure how it works with the steel ones, I guess they stick over the original dials but not sure. Contact Lockwood, they should be able to tell you for certain.
barry_kellett99

5th Sep 03 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
I know the dials with rev counter simply stick on, but the old dials need removing. I'm not sure how it works with the steel ones, I guess they stick over the original dials but not sure. Contact Lockwood, they should be able to tell you for certain.

Dont suppose you know where i can contact them!

New Poll