corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help on insureance im a young driver!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help on insureance im a young driver!!!!
MyK3

User status: Offline
11th Jun 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was wondering I am 17 and planning on getting a corsa for my first can and maxing it I wont touch the engine for a few years IM just after body work and good interior and ice. I hope to have the car interior and bodywork finished within a year but my only problem is the insurance. ok cool I can get insured on the car but do I have to tell them on any mods I make... some people say there are insurance companies who dont charge for mods as long as you dont touch the engin and some people tell me that your insurance will go up for most mods you make to the car and some people tell me dont bother telling the insurance company at all on any mods you make. Can any one help me out with this!! Thanks allot
- MyK3
will h

11th Jun 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to liverpool victoria,theve allowed me this package which allows me to declare all my mods at no extra cost,1100,im 18,on my own so i thought that was quite good
dig dave2811

11th Jun 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im with liver pool victori, im 18, with no no clims, full comp in me own name all mods declared

£900 that is with £450 excess on a 1.2 8 valve
Corsakid84

11th Jun 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adrian flux is sposed to be a good insurance company i never been quoted by them, but they are recommended by max power!
greg0r

11th Jun 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a rule of thumb, if your unsure whether or not a mod will affect your insurance. declare it. at the end of the day, an insurance company is a business, and like any business, there there to make money, so they'll do anything to NOT pay out for a claim, if your car is in no way 'standard'

there are some mods that can be changed back if you need to claim, so just just be warned, if in doubt, declare it!

Greg
MyK3

11th Jun 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys for your fast feed back. can any one tell me there estimate on how much they think it will cost me with liverpool victoria at the age of 17 as a first car (corsa 1.1) that i will mod. cheers
-Myk3

[Edited on 19.02.86 by MyK3]
3CorsaMeal

11th Jun 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest it will be best to phone around and get quotes, they r free and don't take too long.
U can ask people on here for a general idea, but insurance differs from each person, premiums r calculated different every few months and u might find it cheaper one month than another.
i reckon u'll be looking at anywhere from £750-£1500
StuartGee

11th Jun 03 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever you do, dont get insurance through mum/dad/gran/dogs name, it doesn't help, trust me, I know! Went through mum for 2 years, but when I was 19 it still cost me shedloads to get insurance since I had 0 NCB. It will be cheaper in long run to get your own policy now.

New Poll