corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » blending sideskirts into body???????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author blending sideskirts into body???????
Toyer

User status: Offline
8th Jun 03 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i just bought sideskirts for my car, and i am going to blend them into the wings and arches before spraying the car, but was wondering what is the best way of blending them into the bodywork without it cracking????!!!!????
The reason being is that i have recently blending a subaru vent into my mates bonnet and after 3 months after i finished it it started cracking!!!! so i need some advice please. o by the way , they are road rage sideskirts.

thanks
STEvieXE

9th Jun 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bonnets different kettle of fish tho coz of the heat etc coming from engine, stress on it when lifted etc etc. best way is to bond them on with windscreen bonding then just alight skim of pon over top to smooth. use plastic padding pon as its more flexible than normal isopon. ive seen them done alot of different ways tho, which mostly seem to be ok. seen 1 done with expanding foam and then poned over. never cracked. seen ones done with f.glass matting then f/filled and isoponed. also was ok at start anyway, never heard any different. would really recomment this tho as theres alot of flexiblity in ur sills when ur cornering etc. best way would be the bonding.
Kris TD

9th Jun 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will crack, there is a corsa in my town which has got archs and gsi skirts all blended in, its been resprayed more times than i care to remember. infact every car ive seen that has blended skirts has cracked, as the car chassis twists when cornering, cant be helped.
STEvieXE

9th Jun 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive seen alot of cars some of which have been done for years and have never cracked but its a big risk.
Kris TD

10th Jun 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah.

suppose its one of those things which you wont know until its done.
goodfellow

17th Mar 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine have been blended in for a yr now and they havent cracked at all

[Edited on 17-03-2006 by goodfellow]
woodwardsbodyshop
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Mar 06 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stupidly old topic mate, didn't you see the date??????
Liam

17th Mar 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll