corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » velos or lexmaul

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author velos or lexmaul
WARPED

User status: Offline
6th Jun 03 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which inlet manifold should i get for my sport?

comments and views of any1 that has one appreciated
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ordered my lexmaul one so will tell u what its like when i get itin a week or two, joff has on so ask him bout that, i no that they give power in different ways, lexmaul give more mid range an velos is more about original rev limit
WARPED

6th Jun 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u no which one is designed more for mid to low down power - what do u mean more about the original rev limit???
WARPED

6th Jun 03 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this will be run with a standard ecu as im not messin with that or gettin a chip.

doesnt any1 have one?
Ed Renshaw

6th Jun 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sent
WARPED

6th Jun 03 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 03 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lexmaul one runs with standard chip, oits more mid range than the velos one which may need a new chip to up the rev limit an increase fuelin? am i right?
corsa120

6th Jun 03 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not true they are both very similar so velos said ive just had the velos fitted if u wanna see wat its like we could meet up broster, the standard ecu's are fine with both manifolds but unichip is recommended just like when u buy trainers they recommend wax lol ive had the unichip fitted to i have to say it is good my cars runs 138 bhp now with 109 ibf.ft of torque along with pvd bfo, full zorst with 4to1 branch manifold, ported head etc etc
my car showed vast improvements in the mid range an infact all through the rev range
Fear

6th Jun 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much cost wise is it for head work? I was thinking of getting Lexmaul Inlet Manifold and 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold and unichip and sports cat from Regal if they do one for the sport, to go with my K&N and cat back zorst, would i see something like 125-130 without head work or what???

Sorry in not really an engine man!!!!
WARPED

6th Jun 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im probably gonna get the velos cause im a cheapskate

appreciate any more opinions though
WARPED

7th Jun 03 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster
Premium Member

7th Jun 03 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa120, yeah id like to c that, urs is a 1.4 16v aint it, wood be interestin to c diff between urs an mine with the lexmaul inlet, have to sort sumink out.
corsa120

7th Jun 03 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kool, ive got velos not lexmaul
Cybermonkey

7th Jun 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A superchip/mapable ECU is needed to raise the rev limit because peak power is at 7500rpm rather than 6200 as standard. Not because of fuelling. The lexmaul item works well with standard ECU as it increases torque figures the whole way through the rev range, but does not give as much peak power output as the velos/mantzel items.

Dave
broster
Premium Member

9th Jun 03 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines a lexmaul one, not got it yet tho, its on order from pvd, shud be her this week tho! so ill fit it an then u2u u an arange a meet up, mines not been chipped yet tho!
Daimo B

10th Jun 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lexmaul usually give the power mid range therefore u dont get as much power from it.

The Velos one is like the Mantzel box and is designed to give more power up the rev range.

I would not go for Lexmaul no.

Only two choices i would consider are Mantzel and Velos, on and throttle bodies, but thats different
WARPED

10th Jun 03 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lexmaul sounds good cause i have no intention of getting a chip or upping the rev limit, but velos is cheaper

im not really bothered about top end, i just wanna get from 0-70 as fast as possible (no im not changing my final drive)

Greasemonkey

10th Jun 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted my Mantzel power box to my GSI this weekend well chuffed loads more power a bit more touqe (spelling) and its sorted the ECU problem!!!!
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 03 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my new lexmaul job is ready to be picked up an installed, ill post up here what the diff is, may do a few cack handed times for the 0-70 for u, u got the 1.4 or the 1.6 warped? where in west mids are u?
WARPED

15th Jun 03 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the 1.4 sport, pre face lift

im lookin 2 get the lexmaul i think so im interested in how well it works for u, what other mods do u have?
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 03 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same engine as me then, iv got a cat back scorpiuon stainless zorst an a viper industion kit, i can sell u a super chip for £90 if u want?
WARPED

15th Jun 03 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really lookin 2 get anything other than exhaust system, inlet and outlet manifold otherwise i wud mate

so u still have ur cat then? all i have at the moment is a k&n but my stabdard zorts has a hole in so im gonna get a full system im a few weeks.

how much was ur lexmaul and did u get it from pvd?
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 03 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still got my cat yeah, it was from pvd, so what eva they charge, 380ish, if u get it from them it takes 2weeks to arrive i fink! go on buy my superchip! need money!
WARPED

15th Jun 03 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im havin my valve stem seals and head gasket done in a few weeks - and buyin new zorst - and inlet manifold

i need loadsa money

did u not join that vaux club so u can get 10% off
WARPED

16th Jun 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll