corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how much power?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how much power?
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th May 03 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa 1.4 16v sport an wondered if ppl could give me an estimate on the bhp it it, iv got a piperx viper, an ecotech valve and a full grp a scorpion stanless cat back zorst. any ideas?
Cybermonkey

25th May 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably less than standard with an induction kit, ecotosh valve and an exhaust that doesnt create enough back pressure.
PanaceA

25th May 03 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well to start with you can't get a group A scorpion exhaust for a 1400 Corsa. Group A means rally spec 2.5inch bore - full system, not cat back. Yours is probably 2inch diameter.
The car is 90Bhp as standard so you'd be pushing about 95/97Bhp and don't let anyone tell you any different. If you had a remap on the rollers you'd possibly see little over 100Bhp taking for granted that your engine is well looked after and in decent nick.
Cybermonkey

25th May 03 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats bollocks. The ecotech valves are only good for high CC/power engines. The exhaust is far too big, big power is needed to make the most of it. As for the induction kit, you are probably drawing in too much heated air, corsas dont like induction kits UNLESS plenty of cold air feeds are supplied. And thats a fact!
Kris TD

25th May 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grp a zoorst is far too big for a standard engine, need to be running cams, headwork to make the most from it, i agree with dave.
corsa120

25th May 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ummm if u lot read he said hes got a pipercross viper which is like 250 quid not a normal ind kit
Kris TD

25th May 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
ummm if u lot read he said hes got a pipercross viper which is like 250 quid not a normal ind kit

dont get anymore bhp than with a drilled airbox. zorrst will loose power, ecotec will do bugger all.
blackula

25th May 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on how much power the engine makes as standard.

Vauxhalland most manufacturers quote an average figure at its lowest point. I>e if ten engines make 90-95 bhp then they quote 90as the figure. Its something to do with SAE or automotive legilation. The law says you can't over quote power but you can underquote.

So your std engine may make anything from 90-94/95 bhp. Depends on if it was thrashed from new, how good nick rest of engine is, serviced etc.

Its like when you read dyno days figures, eben if rr's are a litle innacurate std cars seem to make slightly different power figures.

The Ectek doesn't do much though...
broster
Premium Member

25th May 03 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its in good condition, well serviced on time an oil changed regularly. also u can get a grp a system for a 1400 corsa, i have it! why did the ppl at pvd tell me this was the zorst to go for then? so will i be gettin 95/97 or shud i get a new zorst? again!

New Poll