corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Smooth rear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smooth rear
Ryan L

User status: Offline
17th May 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanna get me boot panel nice and smooth but would like to keep the number plate recess as i don't want to mount the number plate on my shiny new bumper. Has anyone on here done it themselves, and if so is it difficult to do. Ta, Ryan
Scott M

19th May 03 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its only the lock and wiper you want to remove? Are you any good at welding and filling?
datakid

19th May 03 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am curently smoothing out the wiper and handle from my corsa, iv just got to paint it. Its easy if you know how to fill, sand, paint and blend, i wouldnt recomend it less you are competent in car body work.

I welded a plate onto the reverse of the tailgate to fill the initial holes then use p40 filler to level the indents and finally applied p38 filler over a large area of the top of the tailgate and blended it in. Primed most of the tailgate and im just ready to spray it red.

It looks nice and different with the number plate recess left. Ill post some photos when done

New Poll