corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Used car market after COVID-19

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Used car market after COVID-19
Colin

User status: Offline
8th Apr 20 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep it’s all fuck’d

Markets a bull trap in the making.

I’ve had my day with bit coin, back when folk said it would never work. It’s hit the floor again but with this covid who knows which way it’ll move medium - long term.

Economy post might be good. While I expect to keep a job, Capex is going to be slashed abruptly and it’s going to be a phase of hold on keep running, keep costs to a minimum.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 20 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Was thinking about starting a separate thread about the Economy to be honest, interested to hear where other people stand in terms of their jobs and plans over the next 6 months. I remember 2008 very very well, I was out for 18 Months... getting deja vu here.

Yes you can tell us all about your bouncing bulls and testing the V
SetH

9th Apr 20 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Apr 20 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Yeah I’ve heard the JLR horror stories. Always fancied an L322 it scared it will implode

This is what was scaring me about wanting an f type

Blimey I go away for a few days and it's bmw fan boy take over

Ps get an economy thread going, glad to see this place with some topics on the go

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Apr 20 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering asking this man when he wants his 2 grand.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-2-7-V6-HSE-4X4-EXPORT/153894646759

Crossover pipe doesn't sounds too bad assuming you can get to it, few days on the ramp may sort that.

Part supply looks a twat though, none of the motor factor suppliers list it and the main dealer is closed.

[Edited on 15-04-2020 by Ian]
Jambo

15th Apr 20 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair lump of car for £2750 I had no idea these things are so cheap. I think I slept through the last 5 years? I still think 2014 cars are new
gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Apr 20 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye a lot of car for the money, stick a personalised plate on it and drive around like a baller

Something that can easily bite some people but if you are capable of doing the repairs yourself like Ian, Bargins can be had.

gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Apr 20 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair lump of car for £2750 I had no idea these things are so cheap. I think I slept through the last 5 years? I still think 2014 cars are new

I am like that too

Still cant work out how we got to 20 plate so quick

Ian
Site Administrator

15th Apr 20 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think 2750 is quite strong, it needs the body off to fit the crossover pipe.

Might call him tomorrow while I've got some support
Jambo

15th Apr 20 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it done, lockdown means he’s probably had low interest in it.
SetH

15th Apr 20 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He should be grateful for 2k right now or he can keep it as an ornament for probably 18 months at least.
DaveyLC

16th Apr 20 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Considering asking this man when he wants his 2 grand.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-2-7-V6-HSE-4X4-EXPORT/153894646759

Crossover pipe doesn't sounds too bad assuming you can get to it, few days on the ramp may sort that.

Part supply looks a twat though, none of the motor factor suppliers list it and the main dealer is closed.

[Edited on 15-04-2020 by Ian]

First job is change out the oil pump.. The housing on the original pumps randomly fail and destroy the engine.

The cross over pipes normally only crack after someone has had the gearbox off and not bothered refitting the brackets properly so its probably got a very interesting history.

[Edited on 16-04-2020 by DaveyLC]
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Apr 20 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
The cross over pipes normally only crack after someone has had the gearbox off and not bothered refitting the brackets properly so its probably got a very interesting history.

Interessssstttingggggggg

You reckon the LR order will be a pipe and a load of bolts that aren't rounded
DaveyLC

16th Apr 20 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are stainless cross over pipes available now that should pretty much last forever..

Its a really shitty job to do, you'll need a 2 poster and lots of patience.

Oil pump is easy with the right tools.

[Edited on 16-04-2020 by DaveyLC]
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Apr 20 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Get it done, lockdown means he’s probably had low interest in it.

Certainly will be the case, even if he sits on it and holds out buyers for something like that are few and far between. Should be easy to convince him

Ian
Site Administrator

16th Apr 20 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you'll need a 2 poster and lots of patience.

One out of two any good
gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Apr 20 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
you'll need a 2 poster and lots of patience.

One out of two any good

Got the ramp?

Aaron

20th Apr 20 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to switch my current MX5 Mk3 for a Mk4 once all this is over with. I've got the folding hard-top version at the moment due to not having a garage.

But, if i get a garage built (which is the plan), i'd prefer the soft-top version
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Apr 20 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have they gone back to fabric on the newer ones? Surely a better way of doing it.
gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Apr 20 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two versions of the current generation. Fabric one or one with a folding metal roof.
Has another name but cant think what it is.

Fabric is the way forwards as the metal roof has a weird roof line

[Edited on 20-04-2020 by gavin18787]

gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Jun 20 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was having a browse on trader at lunch time today. Prices seem to be as they were a few months back.
Although as COVID now seems to be more of a long term thing rather then something that is going to be over any time soon I assume it will be more of a long game.

DaveyLC

17th Jun 20 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been a blip - I took advantage and sold 3 of our cars (including the camper) - got TOP money for all of them and sold them pretty much instantly

Now I'm going to sit on the money until things go a bit bandy.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jun 20 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tough to say what is going on, on the one had people are skint and uncertain and on the other they're being paid to sit at home and browse the classifieds. I can see why stuff is still doing well just now.

I'm sure end of life stuff is getting more expensive, not possible to get local stuff to me now for much less than 200 quid, that was down to 70 or 80 even when the scrap price was better than it is now. You might interpret that to mean more demand.
DaveyLC

17th Jun 20 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My theory is two fold:

1) Loads of people are bored on Furlough, they can't spend their money on holidays and going out so they buy other stuff like cars.

2) Loads of business leases will have ended in April and people will be reconsidering leasing.
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Jun 20 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am certainly trying to keep an eye on it.
Sitting on a bit of cash at present. Earning me bugger all in the bank obviously and when I remortgaged recently there was no benefit in sticking in into the house really.

So I fancy spending in something nice to mill around in for a few years. Was hoping to arse might fall out of some cars and I could jump in...

Quite fancy an F type or something with an M badge but they don't seem to have dipped really. Also liking the idea of a v6 exige but they tend to hold their value well anyway.

I think the new car game is still strong at present. Neighbour works for a Ford dealership and said they have been really busy since reopening. New pumas seem to be the flavour of the month

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Used car market after COVID-19 23 database queries in 0.1973770 seconds