corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Covid-19 - medical aspects

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Covid-19 - medical aspects
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Apr 20 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloke I work with wife has just died from covid 19 and he has to stay home and isolate on hes own. Feel so sorry for the bloke.
SetH

6th Apr 20 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Bloke I work with wife has just died from covid 19 and he has to stay home and isolate on hes own. Feel so sorry for the bloke.

That's harsh AF, not being able to see friends and family in person for the grieving process due to these rules. Thing is though what if he placed 2 seats in his garden a fair distance apart, he must be able to have visitors then. Really not the time that he should be isolated on his own ffs.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Apr 20 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
My thoughts are it was inevitable, we've spent the last century or more just treating the symptoms of Coronavirus strains rather than making any real attempt to control the virus from further mutations.

And also the point that research work tends to stop when the heat is off. So right now lots of people are pouring lots of money in to stuff but when people aren't sick and its not on the news the investment stops.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Apr 20 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86

Very sad, arguable far worse while you can't even grieve properly.
SetH

6th Apr 20 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoughts on our PM being admitted to intensive care?

I am a big fan of his, since London of mayor days, always liked him and was happy when he was made PM.

I am not liking the sky news stirring a story of a power struggle in government, last thing we need. Surely the foreign secretary is more than capable and I expect they will follow the PM's initial plans.

Just seen the tabloid headlines for tomorrow, pretty sensationalist as expected.

Really hope he pulls through but what are everyone's thoughts if he does not make it? I expect hysteria in the UK will go through the roof.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Apr 20 at 02:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't fancy his chances, 55 and overweight, probably had no sleep to speak of in the last 6 weeks, probably been exposed to all sorts of shit touring round places trying to be Princess Diana and shaking hands with people.

I don't tend to worry what the tabloids say, nor would I be drawn in to any suggestion of power struggle, leadership battle or any lack of mandate resulting from a change in leadership.

Whatever happens will be what they now need to deal with, I think anything other than killing as small a number of people as possible is a complete distraction for the government and any journalist in the press conferences who starts shit stirring should immediately to be told to fuck off.

I do think they have got a few basic things onerously wrong, PPE, testing and just general preparation. But I have no time for finger pointing as I can't see Labour having done things differently, they'd have probably given the NHS more money by now but there's nothing to say that money would have been spend effectively so as to put us in any better position.

Will be a shame though, I can't actually walk down a street in Liverpool and say I recognise that Boris has done good work because you may as well put a sign on your door that says fuck the miners, but you can't ignore the lift he gave to government and indeed the country when he became leader. May be smoke and mirrors but I would question how much of an illusion it can be if you feel like you're being led for the first time in decades.

I've no dog in the emotional race so interesting times. In the very least he's given a glimpse in to the country's appetite for what is possible.
DaveyLC

7th Apr 20 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully he'll be one of the majority who beats the lung infection.

I'll tell you what is rather concerning, Boris' plight was being reported on elsewhere in the world several hours before we were told and downing street was calling it "disinformation" unless they announced the situation officially.
SetH

9th Apr 20 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, we are going to get another 3-4 week lockdown by the looks of things?

Colin

9th Apr 20 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably....don’t think we’ve peaked yet?
Colin

9th Apr 20 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my holiday in mid June cancelled so they must be anticipating this lasting the summer.

A couple of high risk guys at work have been taken out the plan until August.

I’m sure these industries are taking advice directly from government.

The foreign office has said they advise against all unnecessary foreign travel ‘indefinitely’.....which is a bit woolly to say the least.

Personally, I don’t envisage free domestic movement but highly restricted until June, and things won’t got back to normal-ish until closer year end or maybe next year.

Travel industries fucked. Places like cinemas pubs etc are fucked.

Hope I’m wrong as it all has a knock on effect but really can’t see any change soon.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 20 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you have to wonder what the exit strategy is, no point wiping it out domestically if it comes back as soon as people start going on holiday again. Nor would I want to take it anywhere.
Colin

9th Apr 20 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That’s it you can’t just flick the switch an d back to business as normal I don’t think.

Not sure how much of a parallel previous pandemics are, such as Spanish Flu as back then there’s wasn’t the freedom of movement as there now is, or was.

My wife thinks we’re still going abroad this year, I have my doubts. Maybe Devon this year If we’re allowed. I’d rather spend at home to support our own economy anyway.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 20 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got Majorca booked in July and I would say that's unlikely. Even though they're doing OK as an island and better than the mainland I don't think they're going to welcoming tourists just yet.
SetH

9th Apr 20 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I would have potentially be flying you there if it was an EZY flight, no hope of that happening now thanks to this. You'll find me shelf stacking soon.
Colin

9th Apr 20 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing humble about making ends meet mate especially if you are transitioning to something better, alot of us have been there.

EasyJet seem the best placed airliner to me, they own 90% of their fleet outright opposed to leased, have healthy cash reserves and a 600M gov bailout agreed. I’m sure Stelios will be giving you a shout soon, got you down as a younger Denzel Washington in the opening minutes of Flight
SetH

9th Apr 20 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Nothing humble about making ends meet mate especially if you are transitioning to something better, alot of us have been there.

EasyJet seem the best placed airliner to me, they own 90% of their fleet outright opposed to leased, have healthy cash reserves and a 600M gov bailout agreed. I’m sure Stelios will be giving you a shout soon, got you down as a younger Denzel Washington in the opening minutes of Flight

Funny thing is mate, I have applied to 40+ min wage jobs over the last 3 weeks and not had a look in. I have worked in burger king 20 years ago, worked bars & doors, picked vegetables in a field right up to being a Programme manager on the largest banking project in Europe. I don't mind grafting and getting my hands dirty, the banter and laughs alone in a job like that are quite refreshing from the briefcase wanker world. However I literally cannot land anything right now. As I am 42 I think the pilot dream is dead, there are many 1000's of pilots without a job already, more to come. Will be years before it recovers then I am up against experienced flight crews or 21 year olds, would be a miracle if I get picked up by an airline. My best shot is picking up my former career, which will be tricky in a wrecked economy. Although a year before I gave it up I did get a years experience in defence and aerospace which could be valuable and recession proof.
3CorsaMeal

9th Apr 20 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it at xmas, no biggie, fought it off with spliffs and bourbon. Not just a cool story bro.
SetH

9th Apr 20 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 20 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aviation will come back. If the virus risk is lowered to the point where you can go outside in the UK then there would be little reason why that wouldn't be the case throughout the world. I'll certainly be back on as many planes as I can find after this bullshit.

Not like 9/11 when there was a fear of flying. Assuming demand can be satisfied I can see it coming back to pre-COVID levels, perhaps only as fast as the destination countries are safe but I see no reason why it shouldn't return entirely.

And if you have aircraft and crew then no reason why it shouldn't be quick. Might not be the same brands we recognise now but I still think the sector has customers.
DaveyLC

10th Apr 20 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else finding the support for Boris almost cult like? All he did was contract a virus by NOT following his own advice and happened to be lucky enough to have a reasonable immune system and appropriate medical care yet you'd think on social media that he'd just won a Nobel prize for creating world peace?
3CorsaMeal

10th Apr 20 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the clapping out the front door a bit cringe. One day I'm going to cycle past then doing it and accept the applause like I'm leading the tour de france

[Edited on 10-04-2020 by 3CorsaMeal]
gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Apr 20 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some interesting points raised since my last visit.
I think one of the hardest things about this is the isolation for family's and patient that passes away alone. It really is when you need the support of people around you

Alot of it happening at our place as it has got into alot of local care homes and community hospitals so alot of people are not going to be leaving the hospital
Interesting question posed the other day as well with an elderly patient that the daughter was the lasting power of eterny for. I am no legal person but I am not sure where they stand in this with the end of life decision? Think it was proving a contentious subject with the family
Stats at close of play for us yesterday were 267 currently admitted with positive covid19 results. And 167 covid deaths since this started.

We are certainly spending the cash though. Talking to the works team and they and currently fitting approximately 2km of 53mm diameter copper piping to improve the oxygen supply around the building. Massive job and just adding to the chaos.
On a positive note though we have completed our setup in pharmacy to roll out the new clinical trial for the tests on existing medications. Some of the paperwork in the studies does look slightly promising and certainly worth a shot. 138 hospitals involved, so massive compared to most trials.

Looks like Boris is doing well and I wish him well and think he has been great so far. My only complaint would be the delay in closing of pubs and cafes and leaving it as an option for people not to visit them.
Giving up on Facebook as it's just full of the left brigade again saying how hypocritical people are for clapping and voting conservative. Supporting people still working in key roles is the aim of it. If Corbyn had got in for a month or so what would he have managed to change before this? Not a lot!

[Edited on 10-04-2020 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Apr 20 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I find the clapping out the front door a bit cringe. One day I'm going to cycle past then doing it and accept the applause like I'm leading the tour de france

Was greeted with fireworks and a round of applause as I left aldi last night after work. Thought I was the millionth customer or something

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SetH

10th Apr 20 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

ROFL
SetH

11th Apr 20 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some highlights.

1) Police being overwhelmed with the public reporting 'lock down breaches'.

HOLY MOTHER OF MARY, where to even start with this one? I think Ojc summed it up well when he said these are the same type of people that would have told the Gestapo where Ann Frank was hiding.

I am just thankful the police are not encouraging it, then the police state 1984 conspiracy theorists would have some weight to their argument.

Anyone that does this I can instantly psychologically profile you within seconds, without even meeting you. Utter disgrace.

2) CNN Reports some European countries gradually lifting restrictions over the course of next week.

I won't list them here but they are significant steps.

Meanwhile the UK press is reporting 18 Months here

I know that is just a sensationalist headline and the point they are referring to in 18 months could mean anything but still the fear hysteria reporting in this country is ridiculous.

3) UK daily death toll higher than Spain and Italy

Anyone with a brain will not read much into this metric.

Unfortunately most don't have a brain but I guess a headline like this is good ammunition for getting people to stay in at Easter

Good to see Ministers now raising concerns of the long term health affects to the population as well as the economy. Is it 17 million out of work in the USA? one cannot even begin to comprehend that statistic and its implications. Basically all the stuff I was saying on social media 3 weeks ago and being attacked for.

[Edited on 11-04-2020 by SetH]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Covid-19 - medical aspects 23 database queries in 0.2086442 seconds