corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Covid-19 - medical aspects

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Covid-19 - medical aspects
SetH

User status: Offline
1st Apr 20 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Gavin
3CorsaMeal

1st Apr 20 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Clique mob sent it, to dead us
Ojc

1st Apr 20 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gianluigi started all this shitting in plant pots.

Tbh I wish this site was 2009 busy right now it’s exactly what we need confined to our houses
Ojc

1st Apr 20 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone seen Steve lately? Would love his take on all this.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 20 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
I guess this is a sign that no one really knows?

Yes

Guy with the fine for squash should have got his story straight or done a full shop, I assume he'd queued up outside? Worth getting a few things while you're in there. Unless its not that bad by you yet?

Also the hospitals - I had a conversation with a guy when it was just starting who had a mate working in the Royal in Liverpool, biggest hospital in the region, he was saying it was a load of shit and a waste of time washing everything etc. Now they're overrun and he's keeping quiet but various other people who also work there are saying its getting fairly busy and they're not parking people in corridors yet but they can't sustain much more of an acceleration in incoming cases.

There will definitely be variety between places in the UK but all I would say to anyone who isn't busy is look at places which are.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 20 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Facebook is filled with people adamant that there is no virus and stating this has all been caused by "5G" ..

Confirmed, and its a waste of time replying because you get called a sheep. Which is frustrating when you put a lot of work in to reading lots of stuff. Which these people clearly don't.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 20 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Built a gym upstairs in his new build, I think he'll be moving it downstairs at some point, hopefully not while he's sat in the room below.
gavin18787
Premium Member

1st Apr 20 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Gianluigi started all this shitting in plant pots.

Tbh I wish this site was 2009 busy right now it’s exactly what we need confined to our houses

Would be amazing and at least 24 pages deep by now

Interesting about a government meeting held in February. I mean as soon as the news broke from China I would have expected it to be on their agenda. Be very interesting to know what would have happened if they had taken heavy action from the start.
However I imagine that would be very hard to do before the public could see the danger was real.
Other then restricting travel to and from affected areas early doors I am not sure how you would go about it without causing up roar.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

1st Apr 20 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Built a gym upstairs in his new build, I think he'll be moving it downstairs at some point, hopefully not while he's sat in the room below.

If we haven't heard from him soon I assume the upstairs weights room didn't go well.

Ian
Site Administrator

1st Apr 20 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Be very interesting to know what would have happened if they had taken heavy action from the start.
However I imagine that would be very hard to do before the public could see the danger was real.
Other then restricting travel to and from affected areas early doors I am not sure how you would go about it without causing up roar.

Public certainly would not have bought it and I completely take their point that if you move too quickly you then have all the public order issues of trying to convince people its the right thing to do. People are taking it more seriously now but even today I had to ask a guy in a shop to fuck off backwards a bit and he still didn't, ended up calling either other cunts and it wasn't a fight because we were about the same size but it wasn't far away

Earlier would have meant fewer deaths although you have to wonder what would be the point of keeping daily deaths low, you'd almost certainly end up with a longer lockdown. There is a case to getting through it quickly, notwithstanding the health service load. That was the original thinking behind the herd immunity policy, basically let it go as quick as you can but right up until you fill the beds. Looking at all these temporary places springing up I would think that is still the policy. There will be claims that they failed to do it earlier but my view is that was no accident.
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Apr 20 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer I think I would agree with that. Certainly had a set model to follow but chose a different path for a paticular reason.
Will be interesting to see how all the different countries fair after following their own ways of doing things. Clearly won't be scientific due to all the variables but would be interesting never the less.

Interesting trend from inside the work place is people with no underlying health conditions but with high exposure to the virus seem to be getting more severe symptoms. For example we have some of our own front line staff (a+e consultant, ITU nurse etc) with severe cases and hospitalised. Coincidence? Ineffective PPE? increased viral load = worse case?

Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 20 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
increased viral load = worse case?

Yes quite well documented. Horrific situation for healthcare workers and the lack of equipment is downright negligent.
SetH

3rd Apr 20 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
I guess this is a sign that no one really knows?

Yes

Guy with the fine for squash should have got his story straight or done a full shop, I assume he'd queued up outside? Worth getting a few things while you're in there. Unless its not that bad by you yet?

207 confirmed and 25 deaths where I live. Main Hospital is quiet but as has already been mentioned the p1ss takers that frequent trips to A&E to waste time are staying at home.

The guy was not stopped on foot, he was driving and just went out to get squash. I am sure he could have thought on his feet and told a convincing story but that is easy in hindsight. We have not been given a list by the government of which foods are essential or any kind of minimum quota we have to purchase to justify a shopping trip. So in all honesty its heavy handed policing and harsh as fuck. The guy has mental health issues and it's really set him off, not in a good place. When I found out I thought I was being trolled, I could not believe the ridiculousness of it.

A person in the UK in 2020 has been pulled over in this car and fined for going out to by squash << think about that for a moment.
SetH

3rd Apr 20 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yer I think I would agree with that. Certainly had a set model to follow but chose a different path for a paticular reason.
Will be interesting to see how all the different countries fair after following their own ways of doing things. Clearly won't be scientific due to all the variables but would be interesting never the less.

100% spot on, a country by country comparison is difficult.

I was looking at the stats for Sweden and Singapore this Morning. Can't really draw any scientific conclusion but will be interesting to see how they fare.

On a different note, over the years when watching various pandemic/zombie type movies where they show the maps of thread and infection rates. I always noticed how Europe and the UK were literally fucked in hours/days compared to other Countries. I know its Hollywood but still.

Singapore

No lock down, schools opened, some enforcement of social distancing

Confirmed : 1114
Deaths : 5

Sweden

Life pretty much as normal with advisories

Confirmed : 5568

Deaths 308

[Edited on 03-04-2020 by SetH]
DaveyLC

3rd Apr 20 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

100% spot on, a country by country comparison is difficult.

I was looking at the stats for Sweden and Singapore this Morning. Can't really draw any scientific conclusion but will be interesting to see how they fare.

On a different note, over the years when watching various pandemic/zombie type movies where they show the maps of thread and infection rates. I always noticed how Europe and the UK were literally fucked in hours/days compared to other Countries. I know its Hollywood but still.

Singapore

No lock down, schools opened, some enforcement of social distancing

Confirmed : 1114
Deaths : 5

Sweden

Life pretty much as normal with advisories

Confirmed : 5568

Deaths 308

[Edited on 03-04-2020 by SetH]

Its luck of the draw more than anything else, the UK was in a similar situation to Singapore before we locked down, you have to wait and see what their "curve" does.. However Singapore is a remarkably clean country with very high standards of personal hygiene etc.
SetH

3rd Apr 20 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sure is, I spent a while there in 2018. I had my ticket and was packed up ready to move and live there with a contract for Deutsche bank. Did not go in the end as pursued another opportunity here but its an amazing place.
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Apr 20 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
increased viral load = worse case?

Yes quite well documented. Horrific situation for healthcare workers and the lack of equipment is downright negligent.

We are well stocked with equipment. Main issue is the advice as to what should and shouldn't be worn in each area seems to change daily. Causes lots of confusion amongst staff.
Although it is worry the amount of NHS staff that are hospitalised and the news today doesn't make good reading.

gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Apr 20 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

Its luck of the draw more than anything else, the UK was in a similar situation to Singapore before we locked down, you have to wait and see what their "curve" does.. However Singapore is a remarkably clean country with very high standards of personal hygiene etc.

Never been there but I belive even littering or simular can land you in hefty trouble!

So high standards of hygiene and following of rules certainly help. Would image Japan is simular.

On of my colleagues spent a couple of years out there working as a pharmacist and her Facebook certainly painted the place in a very good picture, looked ace.

[Edited on 03-04-2020 by gavin18787]

[Edited on 03-04-2020 by Ian]

Ian
Site Administrator

4th Apr 20 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A person in the UK in 2020 has been pulled over in this car and fined for going out to by squash << think about that for a moment.

Yes agreed its draconian but the rules are fairly clear. I'm not really worried about being fined for example, because everything I do I think about first. Same with any driving really. I drive now thinking what would I say this minute if I crashed or were stopped. For the whole journey.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Apr 20 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweden might just be where the UK was around mid March, ie. not much action. It'll either go shit shaped or not. I can't see how it won't but also if they get their testing sorted and isolate selectively that is far better than a complete lockdown. To that extent having a month delay before you start getting in to trouble is a major, major advantage. There is talk that the UK had far better information than Italy, which they didn't capitalise on. If you're even further behind you're even better off. If you could isolate every case until they recovered or died the virus would cease to exist.
SetH

4th Apr 20 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Yes agreed its draconian but the rules are fairly clear. I'm not really worried about being fined for example, because everything I do I think about first. Same with any driving really. I drive now thinking what would I say this minute if I crashed or were stopped. For the whole journey.

i heard from a friend that the gov is considering a £30 minimum spend in supermarkets to stop trips for a handful of items. Not sure if that's a thing or not but at least puts a line in the sand.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Apr 20 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See that offends me more than just saying go infrequently.

I can work with 'go infrequently' and I can make the case to not get fined.

If you say I have to spend 30 quid.

What if I spend 29 because I only have 29 in the bank.

What if I spend 31 every day this week.

What if I spend 31 on squash
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Apr 20 at 05:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little bit of light reading as someone linked me to the patent number claiming that Coronavirus was invented and patented ready to be released and kill people.

Its the fucking vaccine from last time

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2016012793

Description tab also lists a whole load of old coronaviruses which for some people is an education in itself because they don't even know there is more than one.
SetH

4th Apr 20 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL good point about the monetary amounts

Also very true about people not knowing about previous corona viruses, they won't unless like us they do some reading. Sitting glued to sky news all day all you are going to get grim reaper statistics and not much education imho.
DaveyLC

6th Apr 20 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Little bit of light reading as someone linked me to the patent number claiming that Coronavirus was invented and patented ready to be released and kill people.

Its the fucking vaccine from last time

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2016012793

Description tab also lists a whole load of old coronaviruses which for some people is an education in itself because they don't even know there is more than one.

People are finding it very difficult to comprehend that when you have a cold you basically have a strain of Coronavirus - but it just so happens Covid-19 is a particularly nasty strain of the virus.

My thoughts are it was inevitable, we've spent the last century or more just treating the symptoms of Coronavirus strains rather than making any real attempt to control the virus from further mutations.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Covid-19 - medical aspects 23 database queries in 0.1969151 seconds