corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Junior Doctors

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Junior Doctors
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 16 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the start thought they had a bit of a case
Now I just think they're being twats. Even the senior doctors are now criticising them.

This is what happens when you are dealing with fresh out of uni types. Love a bit of facebook drama

Thoughts?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a hard one isn't it, you wouldn't want to be treated by an exhausted doctor but done are the days of a 100k salary for 20 hours work a week.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The trouble is noone is willing to give even a minute of their time if it isnt paid for.

I have literally seen peopel timing themselves to the second to leave work scared they might put in 30 seconds after 5pm that won't be paid for
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 16 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People get those sort of jobs as they think its a job for life, most public sector workers have the same mentality.

Get a job in the private sector and start whinging and striking, see how you get on.
DaveyLC

2nd Sep 16 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
The trouble is noone is willing to give even a minute of their time if it isnt paid for.

I have literally seen peopel timing themselves to the second to leave work scared they might put in 30 seconds after 5pm that won't be paid for

Have you been to a hospital recently?

Every doctor you meet will have worked more than their shift (by a long shot) and they'll all be shattered by the end of it..

The government is trying to weasel out of paying extra for over-time and unsociable hours, contract conditions that most people would expect!

DaveyLC

2nd Sep 16 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
People get those sort of jobs as they think its a job for life, most public sector workers have the same mentality.

Get a job in the private sector and start whinging and striking, see how you get on.

Train drivers seem to get away with it.. Its not a public sector thing, its a union thing.

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

Have you been to a hospital recently?

Every doctor you meet will have worked more than their shift (by a long shot) and they'll all be shattered by the end of it..

The government is trying to weasel out of paying extra for over-time and unsociable hours, contract conditions that most people would expect!

quote:

-Basic pay to rise between 10% and 11% on average
-Supplements paid for frequent weekend working - those working one in two will get 10% on top of basic salary
-Nights to attract an enhanced rate of 37% above normal time

Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.
Jimbothebarbarian

2nd Sep 16 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've already made your mind up on this so why bother chuntering on about it. You know as well as everybody else the NHS is royally fucked so maybe you've latched onto this little nugget for a good old fashioned trolling session?
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know enough about it to comment really but I still don't sympathise with anyone striking. Don't like it? Go work somewhere else. Simple.
Ellis

2nd Sep 16 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is what happens when you are dealing with fresh out of uni types.

Not necessarily true although that group we know and love are included in there

A junior doctor can be someone who has worked 10+ years after graduating medical school. You are classed as a junior doctor until you are a consultant, GP or otherwise.

It's a difficult one; the government are basically refusing to accept that Saturday is not a normal working day. A certain Department of Health that Jeremy Cunt works on behalf of isn't open on a Saturday. Riddle me that.

The BMA have proposed 50% uplift for Saturday dayshift but government won't shift from basic rate increase of circa 10% IIRC.

Imposing a contract upon those whom are employed to save our lives is pretty shitty.

The whole 7 day NHS is a farcical argument. A&E's are open 365 days a year. Why is it necessary that someone sees their GP on a weekend? If it's that bad, it's an emergency and in which case, go to A&E.
boylers11

2nd Sep 16 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in the NHS once a week and can see both sides really.

On one hand you think: stop moaning and get on with your training, you'll earn loads once you're qualified

On the other hand, if they're working way too many hours and having to study in the evenings/be on call, how can they be expected to provide a safe service to the public?

I know I'm drained after just an 8 hour/day stint of working with the public, without having more hours and studying etc.

Then you see Chief Execs being given and accepting 6 figure bonuses, despite the NHS being on it's knees.

Then you also have (true story) a family of 7 going to A&E after noticing 'bumps on their tongues', which turned out to be just their taste buds - the amount of time needed to check them all and write notes is ridiculous.

If it were a case of just doing the job like the good old days, it'd be fine, it's all the legal paperwork shiz and the fact that if it hasn't been written down, it hasn't been done statement is very true.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for public sector and put in way over what I'm paid for... No striking here. Could count the amount of times on one hand I've done a les sthan 50 hr week

I'd work saturdays for 100k tbh

[Edited on 02-09-2016 by pow]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Bumps on their tongues" fucking cunts need killing
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came in on a Saturday several times. Didnt even get any pay, let alone normal pay +10%
Dom

2nd Sep 16 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Came in on a Saturday several times.

Although most contracts have the usual expected (non-paid) 'overtime' clause, you should have got something out of it even if it was time in lieu.

Saying that, if you're having to do that regularly then it's a good reason to start contracting - at least then you'd be getting paid for it

Edit - Back on topic, like Ellis says, there's two sides of the story and i can see why they're striking even though i don't agree with striking itself.
Problem is, like most public services, the NHS is haemorrhaging money - you've got head of trusts on £200k+ and money being wasted on daft projects (just look at the IT system they attempted to implement a few years back)
They need to massively curb spending and plough that saved cash into actual hands-on staff like doctors and nurses.

[Edited on 02-09-2016 by Dom]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The money they get charged for stuff is ridiculous.

The epi pen scandal is a prime example but it applies to all sorts right down to pens and labels etc.

My missus being a midwife is privy to all that sort of thing.

I dont understand how the people in charge of stock buying and negotiating still have their jobs tbh
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Sep 16 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont agree with striking, but not knowing the ins and outs of it I can see why they are so pissed with the new contracts, there will always be winners and losers with these sort of changes.

I'd like the NHS to properly operate 7 days a week, yes A&E is open but even out of A&E you have some pretty serious shit going down which seems not halt but slow right down on weekends, something as serious as the NHS should keep on going imo.

Spending has been way out control for a while and I'm not sure whos to blame, we are all living longer too which is putting more stress on the system. I'm sure theres plenty of fat to trim off all over the place.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Sep 16 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem is people who can afford private health care use the nhs, it should be for those who can't afford it. No fully employed person would go to a food bank.

Just pay a health care insurance, people do it for pets.

Ignorance imo
taylorboosh

2nd Sep 16 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No because contrary to belief the nhs actually offers a better service minus the nicer rooms...

Why the fuck should i pay tax for some jobless cunt then pay again for myself
Andrew

2nd Sep 16 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I think the problem is people who can afford private health care use the nhs, it should be for those who can't afford it. No fully employed person would go to a food bank.

Just pay a health care insurance, people do it for pets.

Ignorance imo

I have private health care through work, i have to pay additional tax on it.

Explain to me why i pay thousands of pounds per year in NI and Tax as well if i'm not going to use the NHS. Unless you are self employed you are fucked in this country.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Sep 16 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't been to hospital since i was 10yrs old. Doing my bit to free up tge service for others
MoesTavern

3rd Sep 16 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know enough about the situation to comment really, but I'm not sure this kind of smearing cuntery is needed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3771685/EXPOSED-hard-Left-doctors-care-bashing-Tories-health.html

Lefties, Marxists and Corbyn-lovers, indeed.

Steve
Premium Member

3rd Sep 16 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The language is extreme. But perhaps there is some other agendas going on behind the scenes here
3CorsaMeal

3rd Sep 16 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs nhs £10 to prescribe 50p worth of paracetamol
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Sep 16 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make the whole country self employed sub-contractors.

In my world if you're shit at your job you get bunned off with no notice. If you're good at your job you get better pay and lomger contracts. Its in my interest to be good at what i do and not expect to be pandered to.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Junior Doctors 22 database queries in 0.1058559 seconds