corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Junior Doctors

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Junior Doctors
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 16 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Came in on a Saturday several times. Didnt even get any pay

Well then your a mug.
If my boss wants me to work on a Saturday. He will have to pay me time and a half to work on a Saturday. That's the way it works.
Same with JR doctors. Government want them to work all sorts of hours, and not pay them enough to do it. Personally I think we shouldn't make them work longer hours atall. Rather not be treated by an angry over tired dr.
But I suppose were low on dr's and nurses. So someone's got to cover the gap somewhere.

As for privatisation. I'm all for it. Went to a private hospital to have my hip operation the other month and it was fantastic.
In and out as quick as you like. Clean. Nice staff who were happy to help. I wish all hospitals were like that
Ian W

3rd Sep 16 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:

Well then your a mug.
If my boss wants me to work on a Saturday. He will have to pay me time and a half to work on a Saturday. That's the way it works.
Same with JR doctors. Government want them to work all sorts of hours, and not pay them enough to do it. Personally I think we shouldn't make them work longer hours atall. Rather not be treated by an angry over tired dr.
But I suppose were low on dr's and nurses. So someone's got to cover the gap somewhere.

As for privatisation. I'm all for it. Went to a private hospital to have my hip operation the other month and it was fantastic.
In and out as quick as you like. Clean. Nice staff who were happy to help. I wish all hospitals were like that

Pretty sure Steve works in I.T Ike myself, some times jobs can't be done during working hours and part of the job is generally excepting occasionally working out of hours. Most of the time I get time off in lieu for this but never get more pay, don't know many people on salary pay that do.

taylorboosh

3rd Sep 16 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Salary here too, not in it, but aye work extra and get fuck all... Meh i like my job
Andrew

3rd Sep 16 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
quote:

Well then your a mug.

Pretty sure Steve works in I.T Ike myself, some times jobs can't be done during working hours and part of the job is generally excepting occasionally working out of hours. Most of the time I get time off in lieu for this but never get more pay, don't know many people on salary pay that do.

This is very true.

However, i don't do anything out of hours without getting paid for it. Our clients are paying for the work so i expect to also be paid.
Ian W

3rd Sep 16 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well then your a mug.

This is very true.

However, i don't do anything out of hours without getting paid for it. Our clients are paying for the work so i expect to also be paid.

Completely agree, my brother works for an I.T company and gets paid for any out of hours work, I am in house support though so no one to charge!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

4th Sep 16 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well then your a mug.

Well time off in lieu instead of pay is atleast getting something for it I suppose.
I would never work for nothing.
Well, not for someone else.. If it was my own company or working just for myself in some form I would and have worked for free, done small jobs for people to gaurentee returning custom.
But being that I work for Renault Nissan. I wouldn't do over time or extra days for them and not receive anything in return, be in time in lieu of extra money.
Ellis

5th Sep 16 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The epi pen scandal is a prime example but it applies to all sorts right down to pens and labels etc.

I dont understand how the people in charge of stock buying and negotiating still have their jobs tbh

This is a valid point. In the private sector, anyone in charge of the supply chain would be sacked for much less. How an organisation the size of the NHS cannot put pressure on its suppliers to reduce costs is beyond me.

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Costs nhs £10 to prescribe 50p worth of paracetamol

That's an internal calculation which includes time for the doctor & pharmacist - not the cost of the drug.

Yes the NHS are mugs for prescribing it but also, the people who look to the NHS to provide something that can be had for 17p in Tesco. Free loading cunts.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Junior Doctors 22 database queries in 0.0098960 seconds