corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Growing older, losing interest in cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Growing older, losing interest in cars
R Lee

User status: Offline
12th Aug 16 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally the case for me
Cars, have transitioned into transportation. They used to be my money pit, with every penny earned, thrown into modifying performance, chasing horse power figures, and also into general running costs.
Tyres would be changed excessively, exhaust tips would be polished, washing twice a week etc. 15mpg, whatever, who cares.

Nowadays, any of my cars would be lucky to get an oil check A to B comfortably without any hassle. Easier parking, yes please. How often do I have to fill up?

I guess the General CS community would be in the same boat as we're all about the same age?

Jambo

12th Aug 16 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all.

I still chuck money at cars, just a bit more grown up so don't hurl money at it like I used to and have to ask myself if I "Need" things as opposed to buy now think later....
Ian W

12th Aug 16 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Not at all.

I still chuck money at cars, just a bit more grown up so don't hurl money at it like I used to and have to ask myself if I "Need" things as opposed to buy now think later....

Same here.

Still have an interest in cars but they are not the priority in my life that they once where and I can't justify to myself spending the money on them that I used to.

At one point I would scrimp and save and get loans for new cars, not anymore
MatthewR

12th Aug 16 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the same, since becoming a father, more forced than anything as i needed a reliable, big car & the money for other things, still love cars and anything car related but i just drive a boggo standard 62plate astra now lol
Tiger

12th Aug 16 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like fast cars still but prefer to keep them really clean but standard and enjoy them as they were intended from the factory. I love my Clio 182 after 3 months but will never modify it past the milltek exhaust which was newly fitted when I bought it.
R Lee

12th Aug 16 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've realised, the last 5 cars of mine, have been automatic
I guess I don't like using clutch anymore.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 16 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the fact that I'm driving a standard car with no real scope for modding.
JM_16v

12th Aug 16 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my cars still but less interesting in moding them.

If i mod them i think nothing of what other people like or what the cool product is.

Biggest change is that i no longer have to buy the best or fastest mod . I just have to buy something that matchs my driving ability and what i will use the car for.

Generation

12th Aug 16 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely bored of mine:

Hasn't even been washed for about 2 months, couldn't care less about it. Weird how things change. They bore me a bit generally tbh. Rather just an easy life of parking where and when I want. Reliability, and more money.
DaveyLC

12th Aug 16 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reality is most people use their car to drive to and from work so spending lots of money on it just seems barmy as it just means you have to spend more time at work to have it

Its far more satisfying to have something 'special' you can enjoy when you're not working
Ellis

12th Aug 16 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky enough to work within walking distance of my office so can justify having something I wouldn't otherwise have.

Modifying only for performance gain these days. Wouldn't do anything purely for aesthetic reasons.
JM_16v

12th Aug 16 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i dont enjoy my daily drive anymore.

i enjoy the kit car at weekends and thats what keeps it special.
DaveyLC

12th Aug 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis

Modifying only for performance gain these days. Wouldn't do anything purely for aesthetic reasons.

I don't get this either, The roads are so shit and there are speed cameras everywhere it seems pointless making a car fast
anthcorsa

12th Aug 16 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still mad about cars to be honest but I think it's because most of my mates are still into the whole modified scene. I enjoy my daily (A3), it's sensible and doesn't look over the top in regards to mods. My passion is still there though, love nothing more than fitting new bits to either of the cars. That'll all change when the little one comes along no doubt.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 16 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

I don't get this either, The roads are so shit and there are speed cameras everywhere it seems pointless making a car fast

there's hotels everywhere but people still buy vans to sleep in...
taylorboosh

12th Aug 16 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy them still, makes a good bit of fun having a fuck on with pals...

Rather a nice car day to day though, not fussed on shows now
DaveyLC

12th Aug 16 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
quote:

What's that got to do with the price of fish? Using your logic you should be taking the bus, getting at taxi/uber...
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Aug 16 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still like cars and can appreciate nicely modified cars but I no longer have the inclination to do it myself. These days I'm much more about cruise control, climate control, an automatic gearbox and loads of space. It's handy that my brother's got a 4 series that I can borrow when I fancy driving something that handles for a change.

When people are on about saving money though, my Navara will cost me more than either of my Corsas ever did so I'm definitely paying for my comfort.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 16 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
quote:

What's that got to do with the price of fish? Using your logic you should be taking the bus, getting at taxi/uber...

just saying, there will be someone who says 'I don't see the point in that' about literally everything.
Lee_fr200

12th Aug 16 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love cars but go no interest in modifying them now would rather spend money on my 2 kids the wife or the house plus warranty hassles that I don't want or need so I'm happy with my mk7 golf gti pp
3CorsaMeal

12th Aug 16 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am hoping my plan will be complete soon and corrado will only ever need small jobs or little tweaks here and there, rather than a shit load of work and dealing with rusty bolts and dirty parts.

Got no enthusiasm for the audi, not in the same way as corrado, i look after it but don't really feel i want to spend any extra money on it for the sake if it.

Ben G

12th Aug 16 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Not at all.

Same as Jambo.

Still absolutely love everything car related, but need to be a bit wiser with money these days.
kz

12th Aug 16 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just turned 32 and actually I'd say I'm more into cars than ever tbh. Used to just do a few bits to cars during my 20s but now I can hardly leave any aspect not upgraded/modified! Also take far better care of them.

Actually surprised myself a little because I also bought my first property this year, and thought that'd take much more of my interest and money, but it really hasn't, I'm still more interested in doing up the car than the flat
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 16 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say I have lost interest in cars. But I'd say cars these days are bland and uninspirational and generic. Nothing new and realistically ownable appeals to me at all
Ben G

13th Aug 16 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I wouldn't say I have lost interest in cars. But I'd say cars these days are bland and uninspirational and generic. Nothing new and realistically ownable appeals to me at all

All the kids just want a new car on lease. No mods, just a banging sound system that rattles the doors to fuckery.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Growing older, losing interest in cars 22 database queries in 0.1008220 seconds