corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Growing older, losing interest in cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Growing older, losing interest in cars
jamied

User status: Offline
13th Aug 16 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the opposite with me, as I have got older and got a little more money I have more interest in cars than ever. not things like modding them too much just getting a nice car and doing little touches to it.
noshua

13th Aug 16 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never modified a car. Didn't see the point in buying this n that years ago n definitely wouldn't now.. prefer to go on holiday
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Aug 16 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went a long time without doing anything. Suddenly since the VRS arrived I am always looking at bits to do to it. The missus has a mini now too which I will be changing a few little bits on!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jed D

13th Aug 16 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still loving it, more so now than then, kind of with age comes more knowledge... having a kid didn't stop me ether, take my little one down to santa pod and she loves it down there
kz

14th Aug 16 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Never modified a car. Didn't see the point in buying this n that years ago n definitely wouldn't now.. prefer to go on holiday

Why are you here?

I don't see the point in not modifying lol... just done a £100 mod to my car for an additional 20bhp why wouldn't you!?
noshua

14th Aug 16 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I had a corsa gsi with a redtop engine already in it. So never felt the need to modify it.. also this is my brothers account he doesn't use I just used to browse now n again. Enjoyed reading the 'banter' so I stuck around. N why wouldn't I spend 100quid to gain 20bhp. Cos I don't think 100 will gain 20bhp on my shitty work car that's due for the scrapyard come mot time (next week) and deffo not on my missis mong bus (meriva).. I don't enjoy driving any more it's just a means of transport. Think my mind would change if I had a decent car tho but not that bothered tbh

[Edited on 14-08-2016 by noshua]
nathy_87

15th Aug 16 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting that way, although i've just got a quote to get some bits resprayed (which is needed tbh) and the number plate smoothed...my next car will be a daily no mods etc, ran into the ground and carry on with the following just can't not excited by it no more.
oJNAo
Premium Member

16th Aug 16 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly all if not most of my friends or people my age just resort to cars through finance with most of them the typical Festa/Corsa/A3/1 series.

I've lost interest in my Corsa as it's slow as shit and I recently received 6 points on my license hence not even checking CorsaSport anymore
RichRu

16th Aug 16 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Nearly all if not most of my friends or people my age just resort to cars through finance with most of them the typical Festa/Corsa/A3/1 series.

I've lost interest in my Corsa as it's slow as shit and I recently received 6 points on my license hence not even checking CorsaSport anymore

What was the points for?
taylorboosh

16th Aug 16 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im guessing undeclared mods
RichRu

17th Aug 16 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

First thing that come into my head to be honest...seems to be a big crack down on this now
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Aug 16 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not lost the bug, but I am slowing down but that's prominently due to buying a house which sucks most of my money away.

Generation

17th Aug 16 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichRu
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

First thing that come into my head to be honest...seems to be a big crack down on this now

Good.
anthcorsa

17th Aug 16 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled like 7 years ago when i was out in my car, the copper pushed down on the front end and started commenting how stiff the suspension was and he suspects it'd been lowered etc etc anyways after they'd ripped my car to shreds they impounded it as they deemed it unsafe because of the suspension.
RS6

17th Aug 16 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still really love my cars and buying bits for them!

but its gone slightly sour since i had my totally mint, black, black optics, MRC stage 2 tuned rs6 avant, black milteks (you get the picture) stolen in march last year, probably the best car i have ever owned and the quickest its now no longer worth having anything special or nice on the driveway, & put me off owning another rs again

Anything tasty needs to be locked away out of sight under lock and key and cctv cameras if not in daily use

the fact im still paying the loan off a year later for it has also added to the pain

[Edited on 17-08-2016 by RS6]
Jimbothebarbarian

18th Aug 16 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RS6

but its gone slightly sour since i had my totally mint, black, black optics, MRC stage 2 tuned rs6 avant, black milteks (you get the picture) stolen in march last year, probably the best car i have ever owned and the quickest its now no longer worth having anything special or nice on the driveway, & put me off owning another rs again

Anything tasty needs to be locked away out of sight under lock and key and cctv cameras if not in daily use

the fact im still paying the loan off a year later for it has also added to the pain

First of all, ouch, sorry to hear it.

Secondly did the insurance not pay up? Why you still paying for it?

[Edited on 18-08-2016 by Jimbothebarbarian]
RS6

18th Aug 16 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by RS6

First of all, ouch, sorry to hear it.

Secondly did the insurance not pay up? Why you still paying for it?

[Edited on 18-08-2016 by Jimbothebarbarian]

No didn't cover the full cost of the car paid out around 10.5k bought it for 14k
needed most of it to buy something else

insurance for you...

[Edited on 18-08-2016 by RS6]
3CorsaMeal

18th Aug 16 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the sort of thing that happens when you have no money but drive around in a totally mint, black, black optics, MRC stage 2 tuned rs6 avant, black milteks (you get the picture)
RS6

18th Aug 16 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
That's the sort of thing that happens when you have no money but drive around in a totally mint, black, black optics, MRC stage 2 tuned rs6 avant, black milteks (you get the picture)

certainly have no money as a result of the theft yes
RichRu

18th Aug 16 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

instead of using most of it for something else you could of got a cheap run around untill it was paid off..you probably wouldn't be paying for it now..anyway sorry to hear about the theft like you say you can't have a nice car on a driveway nowadays
RS6

18th Aug 16 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks all, could of bought a cheap run about yes but choose to cheer myself up a bit and use that money for something else, and still pay the loan off, would of been nice to have the rs6 and cleared the loan but scumbags about sadly
taylorboosh

20th Aug 16 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In reality your paying the loan for the car you bought
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Aug 16 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't be driving a worse car just because the one you had was stolen, I quite agree its difficult to have nice things because someone else is always ready to fuck it up for you.

Someone drove in to my Astra, similar story, one owner ex press car loads of spec and low miles and I had the choice of an insurance claim and getting bummed or having him pay cash to a bodyshop to sort it. Which turned out to be a shit job.
taylorboosh

20th Aug 16 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hense why these claim companies are good in rta
taylorboosh

20th Aug 16 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldve been goven market value for your car.... So you shouldve been able to buy one the same spec and miles

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Growing older, losing interest in cars 23 database queries in 0.1929939 seconds